Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Meditation And Its Methods: This book is a collection of Swami Vivekananda’s explanation of Meditation. Kindle Edition
More items to explore
About the Author
From the Publisher
Meditation And Its Methods By Swami Vivekananda
This book explores all his thoughts on meditation and its methods.
- This book is a collection of Swami Vivekananda’s explanation of Meditation, his writings and lectures on Meditation, its benefits and its methods. This book explores all his thoughts on meditation and its methods. For all the seekers of truth and practitioners of meditation this book is sure to provide flashes of deep insight helping them to reach their goal through meditation.
- Meditation played a very important role in the life and teachings of Swami Vivekananda. He was interested in meditation from his childhood. His master Ramakrishna found him a dhyana-siddha expert in meditation. In December 1892, Vivekananda went to Kanyakumari and meditated for three days on a large rock and took the resolution to dedicate his life to serve humanity. The event is known as the Kanyakumari resolve of 1892. He reportedly also meditated for a long time on the day of his death 4 July 1902.
- Vivekananda is considered as the introduce of meditation to the Western countries. In his book Raja Yoga and lectures, he widely discussed meditation, its purpose and procedure. He described "meditation" as a bridge that connects human soul to the God. He defined "meditation" as a state "when the mind has been trained to remain fixed on a certain internal or external location, there comes to it the power of flowing in an unbroken current, as it were, towards that point.
- Swami Vivekananda 12 January 1863 – 4 July 1902, born Narendranath Datta, was an Indian Hindu monk, a chief disciple of the 19th-century Indian mystic Ramakrishna.
- He was a key figure in the introduction of the Indian philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga to the Western world and is credited with raising interfaith awareness, bringing Hinduism to the status of a major world religion during the late 19th century.
- He was a major force in the revival of Hinduism in India, and contributed to the concept of nationalism in colonial India. Vivekananda founded the Ramakrishna Math and the Ramakrishna Mission.
- He is perhaps best known for his speech which began with the words - "Sisters and brothers of America in which he introduced Hinduism at the Parliament of the World's Religions in Chicago in 1893.
OTHER POPULAR BOOKS
- File Size : 1046 KB
- Print Length : 62 pages
- Publisher : Prabhat Prakashan; Swami Vivekananda’s explanation of Meditation, his writings and lectures on Meditation, its benefits and its methods. edition (28 November 2017)
- Word Wise : Enabled
- ASIN : B01NCO91JM
- Language: : English
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #90 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, this book is not more about the technique but about the teachings of Swami Vivekananda who was an entirely different class to have lived and spent time on earth. If I had picked this book up say 4 years before and read things like Vivekananda used to see light at his forehead, I would've thrown this calling it a hoax, however, some of these I experienced during my own practice, only that I did not know what they were.
This book was a short read. However, each and every page beamed with wisdom and irrefutable truth!
What I liked about the book is the eternal youthful advice about life. This advice was given by swamiji in 1890s to early 1900s. Still it holds true. And it’ll still hold true in the times to come.
What i did not like very much is the jumping between the topics.
Although I’ll re read the book after sometime again to gain more out it.
the price of book is around 20 Rs but it coated me around 120 because of delivery charges, still I don't want to give less than five star.
Top reviews from other countries
Inspirational, insights into the origin of religions. Break down of the four Yogas conceptually.