Melissa & Doug 481 Wood Blocks Set (100 Piece), Multi Color
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Toys and Games
- HOURS OF EDUCATIONAL FUN: The Melissa & Doug Wooden Building Blocks Set includes 100 durable wooden blocks in 4 different colors and 9 shapes It’s a classic educational toy that provides hours of hands-on, screen-free play and learning
- STIMULATES CREATIVITY: Our set is designed for kids entertainment, but also introduces early math concepts, and helps kids develop strong motor skills and even resilience as they experiment with building, knocking blocks over, and building again!
- DURABLE AND SAFE CONSTRUCTION: Though our colorful building blocks are made of solid wood, these blocks are light in weight, which makes them safe for kids. The blocks have rounded edges and a smooth painted finish that won't splinter with play.
- GREAT GIFT FOR AGES 3 TO 8: The Melissa & Doug Wooden Building Blocks Set makes a great gift for kids ages 3 to 8 years. Add the Melissa & Doug Wooden Latches Board to round out the hands-on play experience.
- “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News calls “the gold standard in early childhood play.”
- 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEE: We design every toy to the highest-quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right. Our phone number is on every product!
Bestsellers in Children's & Young Adult
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
With the Melissa & Doug Wood Blocks, you get 100 brightly colored blocks in a variety of versatile shapes. A set of wooden blocks provides an opportunity for a child to pass the hours constructing towers, castles, or dollhouses. Designed for children ages three and older, this set offers the opportunity for younger kids to practice their fine motor skills and experiment with the laws of physics while giving older kids an outlet for their creativity.
The 100-piece, brightly colored blocks provide hours of creative fun. View Larger.
Your little architect will love building bridges, towers and more. View Larger.
Classic Toy Provides Hours of FunThis classic wood block set includes 100 solid wood blocks painted bright red, blue, yellow, and green. A versatile variety of shapes are included: rectangular prisms, cubes, cylinders, half circles, arches, and two different sizes of rectangular planks and triangles.
The blocks come in a variety of sizes including the half-circle measuring about 1-1/2 inches long and the tallest rectangular plank measuring about 3-1/2 inches long. Their size, combined with the wonderful variety of shapes, makes them just challenging enough for younger children to manipulate. A three-year-old tester enjoyed trying to build towers and walls as tall as possible, as well as sorting the blocks by shape and color. And the smaller size of the blocks keeps them interesting for older children, too-so kids can easily get many years of use out of them.
High-Quality ConstructionParents will appreciate the safe, durable construction of these blocks. Though they're made of solid wood, these blocks are light in weight, which makes them safer for small children. The blocks have rounded edges and a smooth painted finish that won't splinter with play.
The only drawback: while many Melissa & Doug toys come packaged in long-lasting, aesthetically pleasing storage containers, this set of blocks comes in a cardboard box. But while the box won't last forever, these blocks will. And as with all of their products, Melissa & Doug states that this toy is made with non-toxic coatings and meets or exceeds US toy testing standards.
About Melissa & DougStarted in the garage at Doug's parents' house in 1988, Melissa & Doug has grown to become one of the most popular toy makers in the world. Their toys have garnered dozens of parenting and "best toy" awards over the years, and have been featured widely in national print media and on television.
One of the company's points of pride is that their toys are thoroughly tested for safety, and meet all US consumer product safety regulations. The toys are tested at the factory of origin during various phases of the production process to ensure that every toy meets the company's stringent safety requirements every step along the way. In particular, the paints and coatings on Melissa & Doug toys are tested frequently to be sure they meet or exceed government recommendations limiting heavy metals and lead in children's items.
Since day one, Melissa & Doug has been in compliance with every US consumer product safety regulation and will continue to stay compliant as the laws continue to evolve, assuring parents that their children can have a safe childhood while playing with Melissa & Doug toys.
What's in the Box
100 painted wood blocks in various shapes.
From the manufacturer
Antidote to Screens
“Part of Melissa & Doug’s appeal is as an antidote, if not a substitute, for all that screen time.”
The Gold Standard
“The couple's brand of low-tech, mostly wood toys has become the gold standard in early childhood play.”
Play With a Purpose
“Melissa & Doug toys flex every muscle of a child’s developing sense of identity – and the toys are often tested by their six children.”
“Melissa & Doug is set on making toys that are meant to be timeless, in an effort to preserve a cornerstone of childhood, open-ended play.”
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
The package was broken when I got it though. So some of the blocks were breaking free upon opening.
Needless to say, my daughter and husband (and I) enjoy these little blocks. They'll get lots of use.