Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 50.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 75.00 Delivery charge
Menaka’s Choice Paperback – 18 December 2015
10% coupon applied.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Bank Offer (2): 10% Instant discount with AU Bank Debit Cards Here's how
- Get 5% up to Rs. 1500 Instant Discount on HSBC Credit Card EMI transactions Here's how
- Cashback (3): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid only for select customers on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Buy 3, Get 5% extra off; Buy 4 or more, Get 7% extra off from this list Offered by Cloudtail India Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who read this book also read
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Paperback : 304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 812913733X
- ISBN-13 : 978-8129137333
- Publisher : Rupa Publications India (18 December 2015)
- Dimensions : 12.95 x 1.93 x 19.69 cm
- Item Weight : 180 g
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #32,619 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book shows us the harsh realities of our well known mesmerizing heaven and the filthy character of Indra ( the well known drunkard, because of whom everything has been worse in our ancient scriptures.).
Vocabulary has been used very intelligently, because even the eroticism has been portrayed very beautifully without any vulgarity (not like the other books).
There were some silly grammatical mistakes which would have occurred from the editor's side but that can be neglected.
I'll say that the best part of the book is that, beautiful words have been used very frequently to describe the scenes and emotions . I'm really happy that I bought this book.
Author: Kavita Kanè @kavitakane
Genre: Mythological Fiction
Publisher: Rupa Publications @rupa_publications .
How does it feel when you have to let go off someone in the hope of never seeing them again? *Menaka‘s choice is beautifully woven story of love and separation. It a story about the famous parents of Shakuntala( Menaka: a mesmerising apasara from heaven and Brahmarishi Vishwamitra).
For Menaka, Heaven was nothing but a dry patch of land where her only source of water was Vasu, her love. But when her love and her first born were snatched from her...begins her quest for freedom and her search ended in the arms of Kaushik. But unfortunate circumstances, deceive and lies ruined her beautiful abode and she had no other option but to abandon her loved ones and return to Heaven. 🌸 This is the first book I read written by the author and i was totally mesmerised by the simple yet captivating writing style. I personally enjoy books which are based on mythological characters and Menaka’s Choice was one of the best pick.
🌸 The love bond shared by Menaka and Vasu and then Kaushik and Menaka and the whole idea of sacrifice was the USP of the book. The book also gives insight about the life of Shakuntala. A person has to have a lot of courage to let go off someone for their better future, keeping aside their own despair and agony.
There was a scene in the story where Menaka was dreaming but it felt so surreal and as a reader I thought this was it: A happy ending but then the book had lot more to offer! 🌸The cover of the book showcases a beautiful woman with long hair n breath taking figure which is obviously Menaka. The cover looks as if the reader is seeing an oil painting.
🌸 I loved the book and would highly recommend it to everyone who enjoy reading mythological fiction. .