Mindf*ck: Inside Cambridge Analytica’s Plot to Break the World Paperback – 9 October 2019
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (6): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 + up to 5% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000). Here's how
- Cashback (2): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Buy 3, Get 8% extra off; Buy 4 or more, Get 10% extra off from this list Offered by Cloudtail India Here's how
- Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 430 g
- Paperback : 288 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1788165063
- ISBN-13 : 978-1788165068
- Product Dimensions : 15.3 x 2.1 x 23.4 cm
- Publisher : Profile Books (9 October 2019)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #8,947 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
While Wylie's shining commentary on culture contextualises the larger implications of data surveillance, his episodic telling of CA's sinister evolution just takes you out! But what must be pointed out is Wylie's immovable bias where he whitewashes the misuse of data by the political side he keeps.
That apart, what's rich is the human and cultural gaze of a subject rooted in codes and algorithms. The last chapter where Wylie frames his childhood struggles as a background to his stand against social and technological closets, is both emotive and uplifting.
Pick this one up.
1. The writer "Christopher Wylie" worked for the company (CA) and became a whistle blower .
2. Amazing and much more insight than Netflix's The Great Hack.
3. It will change your perception of the role of Social Media in your life, now and in the VERY Near Future!
4. A compulsory read for those seeking to understand the dark nexus of politics and social media.
Thanks to Christopher Wylie !!!
This cover is the next best thing about this book apart from the content ; )
Top reviews from other countries
The abusers of the power of online social media from Steve Bannon to Boris Johnson and Michael Gove whose dishonesty in the Brexit referendum has resulted in the UK’s political system becoming divided by hate. Cambridge Analytica and AIQ are companies that distort people’s perceptions and manipulate their emotions for the purposes of the extreme right wing and massive neoliberal capitalist companies that have become over-powerful and unaccountable for their crimes.
Christopher Wylie’s outstanding book describes how all this happened from the point of view of an insider in the whole system and how people profited from manipulating democracies. This book is, as such essential reading for everyone from journalists to politicians to students of online media to ordinary people worried about the way politics has got out of control and the extreme right been allowed to take power.
The crimes against humanity by people and organisations featured here are detailed meticulously by Wylie and make desperate reading for anyone concerned with democracy, freedom, free speech and freedom in our everyday lives. His testimony shows that nowhere in the world is safe for democracy now that vast tech organisations like Facebook have so much power to enable fascism, hatred, oppression and actual harm. This book is one of the first shots in the coming war against the way corporate financial power manifest in manipulation of our thoughts through targeted advertising and curating of our lives, erodes our hard-won freedoms.
This book is essential reading, possibly the most important book published this century. I can not recommend this too highly. Read it, you will be terrified but glad you did. Everyone needs to know about this.
A courageous piece of work by a brave and intelligent man.
The title is so unfortunate and I wish they would change it. The byline (Diary of a Bookseller) could also be revised to something more useful and informative.