Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 90.00 Delivery charge
Moral Fiber: A Practical Guide to Living Our Values Paperback – 1 November 2019
10% coupon applied.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (9): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Kotak Bank Credit/Debit Cards and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 250 on minimum order of Rs. 1,000 with RuPay Credit/Debit Cards and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- For Non-Prime members: Get 5% instant discount + 3% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Here's how
- Prime Savings : Save 10% with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Here's how
- Bonus Offer on Citi/Kotak/ICICI Cards (except ICICI Debit): Additional Flat cashback of Rs.1,500 on single transaction worth Rs.30,000 & above as Amazon Pay Balance Here's how
- Bonus Offer on Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card: Additional Flat cashback of Rs.750 on single transaction worth Rs.30,000 & above as Amazon Pay Balance Here's how
- Cashback (2): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Shop and get a chance to win exciting cashback rewards every hour Click here to know more Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
From the Publisher
From the Author
“In a free enterprise, the community is not just another stake holder in the business but in fact the very purpose of its existence” – Jamsetji Tata, founder of the Tata Group
What if we all acted on this?
Global Business Leader, Shawn Vij shares with us his encounters with the Dalai Lama and how they transformed his approach to business, anchoring on a higher purpose. Moral Fiber is a beautiful journey on how compassion with capitalism raises the human condition.
- “[Shawn] shares with us how compassion, gratitude and wisdom opens our inner door, unlocking a more purposeful life and career.” — HIS HOLINESS THE DALAI LAMA
- “Moral Fiber takes us on a beautiful journey of how capitalism and compassion must co-exist to improve our human condition.” — JOHN MACKEY, CO-FOUNDER AND CEO, WHOLE FOODS MARKET
- “At a time of great uncertainty, Moral Fiber is a welcome tonic and an authentic reminder of how having capitalism with compassion elevates us all.” — JENNIFER REINGOLD, FORMER MANAGEMENT WRITER, FORTUNE MAGAZINE, FAST COMPANY AND BUSINESSWEEK
- “Moral Fiber drops us head-first into a world of awakening.” — THOMAS DONALDSON, PROFESSOR OF BUSINESS ETHICS, WHARTON SCHOOL, UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
- “In Moral Fiber, Vij creatively shows us how our core values can be a key to personal happiness and professional success.” — HOWARD C. CUTLER, M.D., NEW YORK TIMES BEST AUTHOR OF THE ART OF HAPPINESS
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 270 g
- ISBN-13 : 978-8126519385
- Paperback : 208 pages
- Product dimensions : 20 x 14 x 4 cm
- Publisher : Wiley (1 November 2019)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #242,708 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who read this book also read
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
temptations businesses offers for quick success is obviously a personal conflict. Shawn Vij, a very successful global leader, penned down this step by step practical guide on how be successful in the corporate world without compromising on our values.
Shawn starts the book quoting his meeting with His Holiness The Dalai Lama and how one meeting helped him immensely when he felt lost amidst all the professional success. The chapters of the book hence have a reference to a Sanskrit word and few teachings of Buddhism are touched upon in between. The author explains how moral values are relevant in the most competitive professions, by citing very relevant examples of how lack of values by organizations and influential individuals in these companies can critically affect others in the short-term and long-term.
The author succeeds in slowly building up the narrative with each chapter and by the end of the book, every reader would be motivated to implement the ideas and tips mentioned. The book is driven by the buzz statement of business circles - It’s not personal, it’s just business, which people use to justify their behavior, though unethical at times. The author explains how something which is business can still be personal and be in-line with an individual's values.
The crux of the book lies in the author explaining the three poisons - Anger, Greed, Ignorance which can be traced back as the origins of any disturbances seen in workplaces. Similarly, the 4 Ds which create toxic environments are explained by the author with examples and how they exist in different contexts. Ultimately the author explains FIBER is the ultimate guide to acting on our values.
The writing style of the author in explaining with appropriate real-life scenarios as examples makes the book a very easy read. Also, the last chapter with real-life accounts of famous personalities who have adhered to the values is the best way to close the book. I personally believe that your values set you apart in your professional career irrespective of your skill set and talent and this book was a personal reminder for me to stay on course.
Moral Fiber is a must read for all professionals at all levels in the corporate ladder as living by your moral values should be a constant companion in your journey. In the current times when a whole generation might sway away by popular opinion, this is a Highly recommended and important read!
Talent, knowledge, intelligence, etc, these are common but one thing we usually forget is 'Values' without which success is not possible. A person working in a company lacking moral values is never liked by anyone. Author Shawn Vij has tried to show this phase of life through this book "Moral Fiber."
People usually tend to loose temper infront of the person standing inferior to their positions. But our moral values will not justify this behavior. In whichever position we are we should not forget our core values. Through the very first chapter, author has kept me intact to read the whole book. "It's not personal, it's just business," this line hit me hard, where he explains that we will loose our ethical values if we follow this mantra. First of all it teaches us how we tends to loose our values but then it also shows us how to deal with it and stay intact to our moral fiber.
For the sake of gaining great heights in life we should not loose our pure thoughts. As we know that where these negative values will lead us. Shawn Vij has actually been a great influencer through this book.
The story 'Locker Room' was very impactful as i learned Oscar's concentration technique to lead a happy life. The few preachings of buddhism will surely motivate the readers and infuse calmness within us. We should terminate the 3 poisons of life 'Anger,' 'Greed,' and 'Ignorance.'
It sets its foot into the real-life experience of the corporate phenomenon of existence...the pointwise detail of living a good life is the fundamental character of the book...this book is something by which you can learn many professional surviving techniques and terms..a must-have weapon for a professional estimation. Every teaching must be done in a friendly and helpful way which the book is providing successfully. If you want to know more just go through the book for sure