The New Extraordinary Leader, 3rd Edition: Turning Good Managers into Great Leaders Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
The landmark guide that built a generation of extraordinary leaders - fully updated and revised
The definitive guide to 21st-century business leadership, The New Extraordinary Leader shook the foundations of leadership as we knew it when it was published in 2002. Since then, we have seen tectonic shifts in the world of business - and this revised and updated edition provides the data and insights you need to address them all.
Jack Zenger and Jim Folkman's proprietary 360 feedback assessment of leaders in the real world - how they lead, what works, and what doesn't - provides the data that makes The Extraordinary Leader unique in a crowded field of such books. In this new edition, the authors deliver proven lessons based on feedback from 120,000 leaders from all corners of the globe.
Inside, you'll find:
- New chapters on leadership competencies, cross training, and self-development
- New methods for getting inspired and empowered by demystifying leadership
- New evidence on many ways leaders can singlehandedly boost innovation, employee engagement, profitability, and more
- New research on the importance of developing strong leadership teams
If you're looking to dramatically step up your leadership game, if you're looking for hard evidence of how to do it the right way, and if you're looking to drive measurable positive change in your organization - you need look no further.
The New Extraordinary Leader, Third Edition delivers the information and insight you need to lead effectively in today's volatile global economy.
- 1 credit a month to use on any title to download and keep
- Listen to anything from the Plus Catalogue—thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts and audiobooks
- Download titles to your library and listen offline
- No commitment—cancel anytime
- Audible is ₹199.00/month after 30 days. Renews automatically.
|Listening Length||10 hours and 11 minutes|
|Author||John H. Zenger, Joseph Folkman|
|Audible.in Release Date||22 July 2021|
|Publisher||McGraw Hill-Ascent Audio|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #48,553 in Audible Audiobooks & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Audiobooks & Originals) |
#306 in Time Management & Productivity
#1,503 in Business Management
#1,566 in Leadership
Top reviews from other countries
Then they add, “We think every leader should have a periodic checkup on their leadership health. Everyone benefits. Roughly a third will be surprised to learn that some behavior is holding them back. Only by discovering what it is can they fix it. The rest will get a few tips to make them even better.”
Whew! Just when you think you’re conversant with the leadership literature—another book appears and you’re back in class for Leadership 101. But…that’s OK.
Assignment: Make a list of the “10 Fatal Flaws That Consistently Lead to Failure in Leadership.” Actually, you don’t have to make a list. Authors John Zenger and Joseph Folkman have already done your homework:
#1. Not Inspiring Due to a Lack of Energy and Enthusiasm
#2. Accepting Mediocre Performance in Place of Excellent Results
#3. Lack of Clear Vision and Direction
#4. Loss of Trust Stemming from Perceived Bad Judgment and Poor Decisions
#5. Not Collaborative or a Team Player
#6. Not a Good Role Model (Failure to Walk the Talk)
#7. No Self-Development and Learning From Mistakes
#8. Lacking Interpersonal Skills [Note: There are “Sins of Commission” and “Sins of Omission.”]
#9. Resistant to New Ideas, Thus Did Not Lead Change or Innovate
#10. Focus Is on Self, Not the Development of Others
Here’s the good news: Fatal flaws be fixed, say the authors. Every chapter is must read, but I’d suggest that Chapter 7, “Fatal Flaws Must Be Fixed,” is a must-must-read chapter. See the five critical steps for fixing fatal flaws, including “Seek the Help and Involvement of Others.”
Generously endorsed by Marshall Goldsmith (his book, “What Got You Here Won’t Get You There,” was my 2013 book-of-the-year) and James M. Kouzes and others, this third edition is packed with extraordinary content and practical next steps.
Note: As an Amazon Vine reviewer, I received this book in exchange for an unbiased review.
1. 33 insights about leadership that you need to know.
2. 5 areas of leadership behavior.
3. 25 suggestions for how you can improve your leadership skills.
4. 20 leadership competencies most organizations value.
5. 10 fatal flaws in leadership.
6. 5 steps to take to fix a leadership flaw.
7. Elements of a successful workplace leadership development system.
8. Workplace leadership development practices that work.
The title is easy to read, smoothly transitions from chapter to chapter, may be completed in a few sittings, and contains a lot of helpful practical advice. Read and enjoy.