Follow the Author
The Night Sky Month by Month Kindle Edition
Learn how to observe and navigate the night sky with this guide to stargazing for beginners!
The dazzling reference book shines bright with crystal-clear charts of the planets, stars, and constellations in both the northern and southern hemispheres for each month of the year! It's perfect for anyone interested in stargazing and astronomy.
This unique astronomy book explains and demystifies the changing night sky. It includes:
- Illustrated overviews that introduce each month with a guide to the main attractions, such as bright stars, prominent constellations, and meteor showers
- An introduction explains what the universe is, our place within it, how it appears to us in the night sky, and how our view of it changes with time and place
- Each illustrated overview features a planet locator, showing the position of the planets during the month introduced
- Charts that show the positions of all stars visible to the naked eye in even the darkest skies
Discover a complete year-round atlas of the night sky! Filled with easy-to-use star charts showing the constellations, alongside specially commissioned artworks and photography, this space book has everything the budding astronomer needs to understand the night sky. You'll learn how to recognise different kinds of objects and see how they move through the sky over the course of the night and the year.
Whether you're new to astronomy or a seasoned stargazer, The Night Sky Month by Month enables everyone to be awed by stargazing. It covers sky-watching without any equipment at all, as well as with the use of binoculars and telescopes. Plus, the newly updated edition features an astronomy calendar detailing the annual and one-off celestial events for the decade ahead, ensuring you'll never miss a visible planet or solar eclipse again.
It's the perfect astronomy gift for adults fascinated with space.
About the Author
Will Gater is an astronomy journalist and author. He has written for several of the UK's top astronomy and science magazines and frequently appears on television and radio. Will is also the author of The Practical Astronomer, published by DK.
Giles Sparrow is a writer specializing in astronomy and space science. He has a degree in astronomy and science communication, and has written on space technology and the history of spaceflight in a range of books, including DK's bestselling Universe.
- ASIN : B0972C4731
- Publisher : DK (23 September 2021)
- Language : English
- File size : 58438 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Not Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 127 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #862,069 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: