|Manufacturer||Nikon Corporation, Nikon Corporation Shinagawa Intercity Tower C, 2-15-3, Konan, Minato-Ku,Tokyo 106-6290 Japan|
|Model Name||AF Nikkor|
|Product Dimensions||6.35 x 6.35 x 3.9 cm; 155 Grams|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required.|
|Item model number||2137|
|Compatible Devices||Nikon Cameras, Nikon Digital SLRs|
|Special Features||Interchangeable-lens, Zoom, All-glass-optical|
|Mounting Hardware||Front Lens Cap LC-52|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Standing screen display size||2.7 Inches|
|Has Image Stabilization||No|
|Optical Zoom||3 x|
|Max Shutter Speed||Nikon F-Bayonet Seconds|
|Min Focal Length||50 Millimeters|
|Lens Type||Prime lens|
|Real Angle Of View||46 Degrees|
|Contains Liquid Contents||No|
|Has Auto Focus||No|
|Includes Rechargable Battery||No|
|Has Self Timer||No|
|Includes AC Adapter||No|
|Country of Origin||Japan|
|Imported By||Nikon India PVT.LTD. Plot No: 71,Sector 32, Institutional Area, Gurgaon-122001, Haryana, India.Tel No: 1800-12-7346|
|Item Weight||155 g|
Nikon 50mm Nikkor F/1.8D AF Prime Lens for DSLR Camera
|Inclusive of all taxes|
- Compatible with Nikon F (FX) cameras
- Focal length of 50mm and maximum aperture of 1.8mm
- Compact and lightweight D-type normal lens
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating for high-contrast images even with maximum aperture
- Great depth-of-field control with down to f/22 of f/stops
- No image stabilisation
- Includes: Front Lens Cap LC-52
Save Extra with 4 offers
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (9): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Kotak Bank Credit/Debit Cards and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 250 on minimum order of Rs. 1,000 with RuPay Credit/Debit Cards and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- Bonus Offer on Citi/Kotak/ICICI Cards (except ICICI Debit): Additional Flat cashback of Rs.1,500 on single transaction worth Rs.30,000 & above as Amazon Pay Balance Here's how
- Prime Savings : Save 10% with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card. For Prime customers only Here's how
- For Non-Prime members: Get 5% instant discount + 3% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Here's how
- Bonus Offer on Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card: Additional Flat cashback of Rs.750 on single transaction worth Rs.30,000 & above as Amazon Pay Balance Here's how
- Cashback (2): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Shop and get a chance to win exciting cashback rewards every hour Click here to know more Here's how
Frequently bought together
Visible screen diagonal
3" / 7 cm
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Nikon 50mm Nikkor F/1.8D AF Prime Lens for DSLR Camera50 mm Lens compatible with Nikon DSLR Cameras
The Nikon 50mm Nikkor is a very capable lens that has been designed specifically for Nikon F (FX) range of DSLR Cameras. The lens is a versatile product that will suit the needs of amateurs as well as professional photographers. The 50 mm lens is designed to shoot videos, landscapes and portraits with the utmost detailing. Since the lens has a very high aperture range, it produces high quality dynamic images that are high on precision. The lens is made of a very lightweight material and is also compact in size. It is convenient to carry around in you photography kit.Compatibility and Photography Features
The Nikon 50mm Nikkor Lens is ideal for shooting high resolution and dynamic range portraits, landscapes and videos. With the high aperture range of F/1.8, the lens is capable of giving you detailed photographs at all times of the day and even during low light conditions. The lens allows more light to go into the sensor, thus eliminating the need for an artificial flash and providing bright photographs. The lens also enables you to take advantage of different shooting moves. It supports different manual settings with which you can play around according to your convenience. The lens is capable of turning out stunning photographs regardless of whether you are shooting indoors or out in the open. With a wide landscape mode, you can easily capture beautiful photographs and fluid videos.Sharp and Natural Images
The lens is created using a six element structure that allows for more control. With the added benefit of a focal length of 50 mm, you can even shoot clear photographs of objects that are in close proximity to you. This is why the Nikon Nikkor 50mm lens is an ideal lens for portrait photography. It has a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.15x. Moreover, it comes with a 46 degree angle of view.
Other Important Features
With the lens allowing more light to enter the sensor, you can capture crystal clear images in low light conditions and get access to customization. The lens is made using high quality durable materials that gives this product a sense of longevity. It also has an easy mount mechanism which is another high utility add-on.
From the manufacturer
Affordable, Fast f/1.8 Prime Lens with Manual Aperture Control
Offering natural image rendering and exceptional sharpness, the AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D is a versatile, affordable prime lens. Extremely compact and lightweight-it weighs approximately 5.5 oz (155 g)- making it a convenient carry-around lens for nearly any shooting opportunity. Its aperture control ring enables smooth manual adjustments during Live View shooting, making it a great video partner, too.
The Precision of a Prime Lens Natural, Exceptionally Sharp Images
The AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D is as versatile as it is compact-perfect for travel, portraits and general photography. Its fast f/1.8 maxium aperture creates an attractive natural background blur (bokeh) and enables great low-light shooting. Produce consistently stunning visuals, indoors or out.
Performance in any Light Fast Enough for Low-Light Shooting
The AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D is fast enough for shooting in most lighting situations without a flash-from dusk and dawn to dim indoor lighting. Its aperture control ring allows for manual adjustments during Live View shooting. Broaden your shooting opportunities.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Points to be noted before buying:
1. It gives 50mm focal length only on full frame digital bodies and film SLR s. On Dx bodies the effective focal length will be 75mm.
2. Autofocus will not work on Dx bodies that doesn't have motor built in the body like D 3000 & 5000 series. One can, however, use it on those as a manual focus lens.
Why I bought it? I wasn't getting the 'pro' quality sharp pictures with the 18-105 mm kit lens and the bokeh blur, so after several recommendations, went in for this one. So here is my experience.
Straight out of the box, i started shooting at f1.8 to get the background blur. The blur was there and I was happy, then someone pointed out when I shared the photos that they aren't sharp - particularly around the edges. I looked again zoomed in and yes the photos weren't sharp.
The reason after much trial and error is that at f1.8 (when the aperture is wide open), the lens has a very low depth of field. What is means is you'll get the bokeh effect fine, but if you focus on somebody's nose, the ears and hair or their clothes will be out. Its that shallow. Secondly, as the lens doesn't have built in VR, even slightest camera shake or subject movement will show as blurry photos.
So my advice is
1. Don't take the aperture below f4 if you are shooting hand-held. Use higher f-stops for group photos. bokeh is still good.
2. If you plan to go wide open (f1.8) then use a tripod
3. The field of view is narrower on DX cameras (the sensor crop factor) so be prepared to walk up and down to get things in frame. Get too close again the lens fails to focus properly. Optimum distance is 3-4 ft or higher.
4. Low light performance is good, so you can shoot indoors without flash but again dont go wide-open
Conclusion: Its a great lens but requires some playing around to get the settings right. Avoid if you don't want to get into the finer details of camera settings. You are better off with the kit lens since they also open to f4 or thereabouts at their widest.
Though I bought it for portraiture, I found it highly suitable for macro photography, thanks to the option of manual aperture control. I bought Fotodiox macros extension kit separately. Thereby, I was able to create a new and highly self absorbing hobby for myself at a very low cost.
Top reviews from other countries
Al tener apertura de f/1.8 el efecto "Bookeh" que este lente logra es impresionante, eso sí, hay que tener mucho cuidado a la hora de tomar las fotos, pues si somos inexpertos o tenemos poca experiencia es probable que la apertura de 1.8 haga que tus fotos lleguen a salir un poco desenfocadas, ya que la profundidad de campo se vuelve mínima y el área de enfoque muy pequeña. Recomiendo usarlo a 2.8 y solo usar 1.8 cuando ya cuenten con experiencia o un trípode.
Un dato muy importante a mencionar es que este lente cuenta con Auto enfoque, pero este solo funcionará con cámaras que tengan motor de enfoque integrado (Nikon d7200 para arriba si no me equivoco) por lo que si posees una cámara de menor gama como la series 5000 o las 3000 no podrás hacer auto-enfoque con este lente y tendrás que hacerlo manual. Si el autoenfoque es imprescindible para ti te recomiendo buscar el modelo que dice "AF-S", pues ese modelo cuenta con un motor de enfoque integrado que funciona con cámaras de gama baja como las series 3000 y 5000.
La apertura del diafragma se puede controlar de manera mecánica moviendo el anillo de selección, o si prefieres hacerlo desde la cámara puedes poner la apertura focal en f/22 y activar el seguro del lente, de este podrás controlar la apertura desde la cámara.
La montura es de metal por lo que el lente te durará por años y si como yo, tienes una cámara sin motor de enfoque integrado (Nikon D3300 en mi caso), recuerda, NO PODRÁS HACER ENFOQUE AUTOMÁTICO.
If you are in Live View then you will have to focus by eye - magnify the image on the Liveview screen for best results.The metering etc. works perfectly, the same as af-s lenses. I find that the extra task of focusing makes me feel more involved and adds to the satisfaction of taking good photographs. So far all my images have been in focus, even at f1.8 close up.
This lens is extraordinary - it takes wonderful photos, notably head and shoulder portraits. You will be able to see every whisker and pore as sharp as could be. Exposure is spot on and the colours are also superb. I find that I don't have to do much processing to the RAW images for them to look really good, just a very small tweak to the sharpening.
A surprise is that I haven't suffered from camera shake - I thought it would be a problem, but at the reasonable shutter speeds I have used - 125 or faster - so far it has not been an issue.
I love this lens - people say in their reviews that they find magic in some lenses - this is the one for me . I would give it 6 stars if I could, especially at the price.
I am a relative newcomer to digital SLR, but I know what a good lens can do - I also have Nikon AF 35mm 1.8g and the Sigma 17-50 2.8 os which are both excellent lenses. This lens is in the same league as those. It is a huge step up from the kit lens.