- Paperback: 1900 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; Ninth edition (2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0194799484
- ISBN-13: 978-0194799485
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 18 x 1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 414 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,834 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Oxford Advance Learners Dictionary with DVD - ROM Paperback – 2015
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Dr.Arpita Palchoudhury, Asst. Professor, RAIT ,Nerul,Navi-Mumbai:
The Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary is indeed a great endeavour by your esteemed Publishing house. The additional feature that you have introduced will help the students as well as professionals to learn and imbibe speaking as well as professional writing skills.
Presentation phase, writing emails, bibliography, reporting on data and several other important features included in the Oxford writing tutor, is very lucidly presented. I feel that this dictionary will be well received by students, professionals and teachers alike. Your new iSpeaker and iWriter on DVD will effectively tutor learners of English language in improving their oral and written skills .
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
414 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Oxford- Phrases for each word like "beguile sb into doing sth" this feature makes it stand out. In Cambridge phrases aren't given, they explain it directly through sentences, She beguiled the Police *INTO BELIEVING* her version of the story. .Moreover, Oxford tells us the nearest Antonyms and Synonyms of a word while Cambridge does not. Cambridge-easy language. Oxford- language is standard.Overall Oxford has an edge over its arch rival Cambridge. I refer to both for each word.
Contains a vocabulary builder. The most biggest advantage is that it provides suitable examples to understand the meaning and method of using a given word, which helps the reader to remember the words and use those in daily speech. It also contains the different pronouncuation of a single word or phrase in different accents. Even contains idioms and phrasal verbs and a grammartical section for correcting our speaking and writing skills. Thus, it helps in building a good English Vocabulary.
Perfect buy because it worth it.
Also contains a CD which contains an interactive Speaker( iSpeaker) and interactive writer(iWriter). The interactive speaker helps in understanding the accurate pronounciation of a word in a given accent and the interactive writer helps in understanding the spelling. The software also helps in assessing our language abilities.
• The thing distinguishing it apart from other dictionaries is its intelligible explanations and examples of words, that especially a non-native english speaker might find extremely helpful.
Cons. • The only downside of the product is its pages that are very delicate and prone to be teared apart if not handled with great care, not something to cancel the deal, yet Oxford Press ought to do something regarding.
I like this book very much .. :)
Illustration of the words with the instances is simply outstanding. I prefer this dictionary to each and everyone. Although the papers are thin and can easily be torn, it is worth buying because of it's simple and easy explanation. It is a collection of almost all the words of English.