Pax Britannica: The Climax of an Empire - Pax Britannica, Volume 2 Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
The Pax Britannica trilogy is Jan Morris’s magnificent history of the British Empire from 1837 to 1965. Huge in scope and ambition, it is always personal and immediate, bringing the story vividly to life. Pax Britannica, the second volume, is a snapshot of the Empire at the Diamond Jubilee of 1897. It looks at what made up the Empire —from adventurers and politicians to communications and infrastructure, as well as anomalies and eccentricities. This humane overview also examines the muddle of jumbled ideologies behind it, and how it affected its 370 million people.
- 1 credit a month to use on any title to download and keep
- Listen to anything from the Plus Catalogue—thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts and audiobooks
- Download titles to your library and listen offline
- No commitment—cancel anytime
- Audible is ₹199.00/month after 30 days. Renews automatically.
|Listening Length||17 hours and 4 minutes|
|Audible.in Release Date||20 July 2011|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #62,632 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#245 in Great Britain History
#1,009 in World History (Audible Books & Originals)
#146,048 in History (Books)