Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise Paperback – 11 April 2017
MP3 CD, Audiobook, MP3 Audio, Unabridged
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (6): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 + up to 5% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000). Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- Cashback (2): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
About the Author
ROBERT POOL has worked at Science and Nature, and has been published in Discover and Technology Review, among others. His books include Eve&;s Rib: Searching for the Biological Roots of Sex Differences and Beyond Engineering: How Society Shapes Technology.
They live in Florida.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Paperback : 307 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0544947223
- ISBN-13 : 978-0544947221
- Item Weight : 272 g
- Product Dimensions : 13.49 x 2.19 x 20.32 cm
- Publisher : Mariner Books (11 April 2017)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #104,722 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
With content compiling the concluaions drawn from years of research on expert performance and the way an expert mind works, its a book for everyone who wishes to reach the peak of his/her field.
But for curious people like me who are not expert in anything there's hope. Recent studies, books like Range and prediction for the Future of Work favors Generalists over Specialists.
Must Read for all who tend to grow and grow fast!
Top reviews from other countries
Why did I love it? Because I read a LOT of books of this kind (self-help, psychology, business, etc.) and while lots of others provide good ideas or insights, this book provides a completely new way of looking at the world. That's why it's a game changer for me. From the way I am learning to dance to the way I work at my desk, the principles highlighted in this book are relevant and applicable. They say there are two tests for a good book: 1. Will I remember it in a month? and 2. Does it change the way I think about the world? This book is a resounding yes.
A fascinating read. This book gives a compelling argument against the old adage of "natural talent". In fact, there is no such thing as natural talent. Only deliberate practice leads to outstanding performance. Having read the examples and research in this book, I agree with the authors.