Other Sellers on Amazon
The Pout-Pout Fish: 1 (A Pout-Pout Fish Adventure, 1) Board book – Illustrated, 6 August 2013
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
About the Author
Dan Hanna has over ten years’ experience in the animation industry, and his work has appeared on BBC America and the Cartoon Network. He lives in Camarillo, California.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Publisher : Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR); First edition (6 August 2013)
- Language : English
- Board book : 34 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0374360979
- ISBN-13 : 978-0374360979
- Reading age : Baby - 4 years
- Item Weight : 273 g
- Dimensions : 16.28 x 2.06 x 16.51 cm
- Country of Origin : USA
- Best Sellers Rank: #9,042 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A must addition to a kid's library!
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in Canada on 28 March 2019
1) Criticize others that don't smile often or seem to be in a good mood. Criticize them enough so that they believe that's "just how they are."
2) In order to make someone appear happy, a stranger needs to kiss them. In turn, that someone will think it's alright to go around kissing everyone else without asking.
Why would anyone want to promote these behaviors?
How about asking the person if there's anything that can be done to help them talk about what's making them feel down? How about asking someone before engaging in physical contact? These two options promote respect and healthy behaviors for all involved.
NYT Best Seller or not, I'm returning this book and flagging it for other families as a poor choice. Detailed illustrations can't rescue a terrible story.
1) To kiss others without consent
2) That it’s not okay to be grumpy
3) Not to talk about emotions
I will not be keeping this book.
It’s an excellent read, so much fun and always brings a smile to my 1 year olds face when I shower him with kisses at the end. Lots of opportunities for the reader to put on their best pouty voice and get involved in the story!
I have read some negative feedback regarding this encouraging lack of consent behaviour on a different forum. (All a bit OTT if you ask me)
No I’m sorry I just don’t get that perspective at all.