- Paperback: 1000 pages
- Publisher: McGraw Hill Education; Eighth edition (5 June 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9789353160197
- ISBN-13: 978-9353160197
- ASIN: 9353160197
- Product Dimensions: 20 x 14 x 4 cm
- Customer Reviews:
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #236 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT Paperback – 5 Jun 2018
About the Author
Arun Sharma is a post graduate from the prestigious Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. He has been training corporate house and CAT aspirants since 1996 and has personally trained over a thousand students into the IIMs and other top B Schools. Besides, he holds the unique distinction of clearing the CAT 16 times in a row, with a score of 99.99 percentile in CAT 2008.
Meenakshi Upadhyay is an alumnus of IIM Bangalore and has been deeply involved in training students for the CAT, CSAT and other management, aptitude entrance examinations for more than 15 years.
With McGraw-Hill, they have a number of best-sellers to their credit. these are:
How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT
How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT
How to Prepare for Verbal ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT (with Meenakshi Upadhyay)
Study Package for the CAT Online (with Meenakshi Upadhyay)
Test Series for the CAT Online (with Meenakshi Upadhyay).
From the Publisher
How To Prepare for LOGICAL REASONING
- New chapter like games and tournaments, cubes and dice, set theory and network diagrams are included as per latest pattern
- Familiarises aspirants with heterogeneous types of Logical Reasoning questions asked in CAT
- Addition of previous year questions and mock test papers for aspirants to test themselves
How To Prepare for QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE
- Comprehensive theory as per latest syllabus and pattern
- Topics divided into understandable "Blocks"
- Plenty of short cut techniques for quick problem solving
- "Taste of the Exams" section covers all questions appearing in past CAT, XAT and IIFT examination papers over two decade
How To Prepare for VERBAL ABILITY AND READING COMPREHENSION
- Provides exhaustive practice on reading comprehension questions with special emphasis on short passages. Tips and tricks for sentence correction included.
- Inclusion of new TITA question type without options for extensive practice
- Previous year questions and new questions as per latest pattern have been included
How To Prepare for DATA INTERPRETATION
- Starts from the basics of Data Interpretation - taking the reader through a calibrated learning experience
- Separate sections dealing with traditional and logical data interpretation
- Inclusion of 10 minute test papers in traditional data interpretation and 12 minute test papers in logical data interpretation
- Fully solved mock test papers based on latest CAT pattern and previous year questions included
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
starting with preface of the book, key issues in preparation, acknowledgement and frequency analysis of question paper of past few years.
I think I am not allowed to post photos of inside contents of the book but please read the photos which I have posted it will give you fair idea of this book.
I think this book can be completed in one month with 4 to 6 hours of study daily
and finally the content presented are in lucid and systematic manner which encourages me and other self study students to maintain continuity in preparation
thank you sir and mam
Wish they can segregate different topics in different books so we can get more material in each sets.