Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ ₹ 40.00 Delivery charge
Ajaya Rise of Kali (Book 2): Duryodhana's Mahabharata (Ajaya Book 2) Paperback – 29 July 2015
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (6): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 + up to 5% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000). Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- Cashback (2): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 460 g
- ISBN-10 : 9789381576045
- ISBN-13 : 978-9381576045
- Product Dimensions : 13.97 x 3.4 x 21.59 cm
- Paperback : 530 pages
- Publisher : Leadtsart Publishing (29 July 2015)
- Language: : English
- ASIN : 9381576041
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It questions the well established beliefs of right and wrong...
All this might sound a bit more like non-fiction but it is not, it is an amazing fiction and an amazing conclusion to an amazing series...
The war scenes are described in a way that will make your heart race faster..
Karna-suryodhana-Aswathama-eklavya friendship was the best part of the book
Also the book leaves me a bit uneasy at the way few characters are portrayed but then this is a story and you are supposed to feel that way at the portrayal....
I enjoyed reading this...
Hope you enjoy it too....
Anand puts up a nice story to show that worse things can happen to people who are not that bad and the fables and lores can make or break a person.
One thing that I can say after reading both the books, that the clear demarcation between the right and wrong characters of Mahabharat is now blurred.
It's now no more about the right or wrong. It's more about the winner and the vanquished.
I suggest everyone should read this once in their lifetime to get an opportunity to see the greatest epic from another lens.
I think Anand has done an epic job. I can only imagine how he placed his perceptions to the original Mahabharat to bring out such a beautiful version of it.
You'll love and hate Anand at the same time for wiping out your inbuilt boundaries about right and wrong. You'll be a different person altogether.
Some parts of the book touch upon the philosophy of Hinduism (Which is surprisingly very well researched!), while other parts go for an almost atheistic view of the Mahabharata. The main theme revolves around the caste system and how it was misinterpreted throughout the ages.
While some parts might seem like a never ending rant about caste-this and caste-that, the book offers a wonderful insight into the the mind of Dur(Su)yodhana. The characters are very memorable and there are quite a few action filled battle scenes as well.
Overall, this is a BRILLIANT, WELL-WRITTEN, WELL-RESEARCHED book.
I would definitely recommend this book to people of all age groups as this would keep you and your mind occupied for quiet sometime even after you are done reading the book.
Book:The Rise Of Kali
🗡️PLOT:Story begins at the same point where “Roll Of The Dice” had ended.Draupadi is called in the court when Yudhishthira gamble and lose her in the GAME OF DICE.Then the flow of incidents initate which we all have read/heard in the Mahabharata.
🗡️COVER:Sort Of Attractive.One can hear the screech of an eagle in mind while looking at the cover.
🗡️CLIMAX: Almost everyone has heard/read mahabharata is some way.We already know what's “going” to come at the end but that's not the writer's fault.There's already numerous retellings of the epic but here the role has been reversed and that's the major speciality of book.
🗡️LANGUAGE:The language of KALI is a little bit better than the previous installment.Not so heavy words are used.Reader will get immediately attached to book.
🗡️NARRATIVE:I found the narrative a little choppy.Some scenes unfolds at a very slow pace.But author's imagination should be praised as he has vanished all the magical elements from the epic and presented every Character as human.
🗡️AMUSEMENT:KALI is an entertaining read.It give rises to a lot of questions (that's the major achievement of any book).“The Rise Of Kali” is basically the story of turning of “Suyodhana” into “Duryodhana”.It's worth many reads (REALLY).
🗡️Characters:They r not so “LUMINOUS” as compared to the 1st book.Krishna's Character is strongest in this book and i liked every appearance of him.The debate between him and Balarama is more than amazing.Suyodhana's and karna's are strong too.But instead of above mentioned characters every other seemed just complementary.
🗡️FINAL VERDICT:I must say that KALI is not so terrific as compared to the 1st one but it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be picked.It's a must read for any Mythology lover because reading epics from villain's perspective is a totally different experience.Go!! Read it.I undoubtedly Recommend it.
👉🏻The confrontation of EKALAVYA and ARJUNA is my favorite portion of the book