SEACHEM LABORATORIES Prime 100 Milliliter
- POWERFUL TREATMENT: Seachem Prime is a complete and concentrated conditioner for both freshwater and saltwater fish tanks, working hard to remove chlorine and chloramine.
- REMOVER: Seachem Prime immediately and permanently removes chlorine and chloramine, successfully allowing the bio filter to remove ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate while they are detoxified for 48 hours.
- DETOXIFIER: Seachem Prime effectively detoxifies ammonia, nitrite, and heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels, providing a ideal environment for your betta, tetra, or other fish.
- USE: Use 1 capful (5 mL) of Seachem Prime for each 200 L (50 US gallons) of new or replacement water. For best results, add Seachem Prime to new water first. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations, a double dose may be used safely. For smaller volumes, use 2 drops per gallon.
- SAFETY: In case of an emergency, the 5x dose of Seachem Prime may be used for both ammonia and nitrite. Use a ½ dose if the water temperature is > 30°C (86°F) and chlorine or ammonia levels are low.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 4.11 x 4.11 x 12.4 cm; 149.69 Grams
- Date First Available : 26 June 2015
- Manufacturer : SEACHEM LABORATORIES
- ASIN : B000255PFI
- Item model number : 435
- Manufacturer : SEACHEM LABORATORIES
- Item Weight : 150 g
- Item Dimensions LxWxH : 41 x 41 x 124 Millimeters
- Net Quantity : 250 millilitre
- Customer Reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Aquatic Remedies Chlor Away Aquarium Water Conditioner, 220 ml
Seachem Laboratories Prime, 250 ml
API Aquarium Salt, 454 g
|Price||From ₹ 600.00||₹ 150.00||₹ 1,099.00||₹ 346.00|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||TED TABBIES™||SAGAR AQUARIUM®||Cloudtail India|
|Item Weight||149.69 grammes||220 grammes||317.52 grammes||0.52 kg|
Size:100 ml Seachem Prime is a complete and concentrated conditioner for both freshwater and saltwater fish tanks, working hard to remove chlorine and chloramine. For over three decades, Seachem has been a company rooted in sound science. Our experience in the hobby and an educated staff of chemists and biologists are part of the package when you purchase Seachem products. Seachem remains as one of the few surviving independent and privately owned pet care companies. Seachem is owned and operated by hobbyists. All of our employees are hobbyists who maintain aquariums at home and at the office. Seachem itself was started because one such passionate hobbyist - Dr. Leo G. Morin (Founder) - recognized that the available solutions to aquarists problem wanting. This resulted in Seachem’s very first product: Cupraplex (today known as Cupramine). Over thirty years later Seachem is still approaching old problems in a new way. Seachem’s philosophy is that the knowledgeable hobbyist makes the best customer. This is reflected in solid and reliable customer education and support as well as products proven in science and performance. While Seachem has grown rapidly into a national and international firm, it retains the culture of a small company and is readily available to its customers.
Review this product
Reviews with images
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
When you clean an external filter stick a dose of this in to protect against spikes of the bad stuff for 24h.
I have read and heard many "old wives tales" that it kills or starves bacteria ...... the truth , it doesn't , what it changes the bad stuff into just isnt as tasty to the bacteria so for the 24h or however long you keep dosing it slows Nitrifying bacterial growth by i think 30% no bad really for the protection it gives. Once gone from your tank (48h after last doese), everything is back to normal.
Great for water changes kills chlorine and doesnt mess with the ph as much as tap safe.
A product so good, if i had the money, i'd buy the company :)
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 November 2020
Yesterday afternoon, upon reading the results of my water test, I immediately did a 50 per cent water change and ordered this Seachem Prime as it had many reviews saying it immediately got rid of nitrites, nitrates and ammonia etc
This morning when I woke up I did another 25 per cent water change and an hour later tested my water - I had managed to get my nitrite levels down to roughly 2ppm. This is still no good, they MUST read 0 or your fish are in danger.
The Seachem Prime arrived today (less than 24 hours after ordering) and I immediately put 3ml into my 60L tank, which is 3x the stated dose but I had a nitrite emergency and felt happy all would be well.
I read my water levels an hour later and the nitrite readings are now roughly 0 - 0.5. It has clearly had an immediate effect on these levels and probably saved my little fish. I also have 3 minuscule little fry in the tank and I am hoping it has saved their little lives as well. The nitrate levels are now at around 20 ish which is perfectly safe for fish.
I am planning to put around 1ml of Prime into my water every 24 hours now, and do a 25 per cent water change twice a week until I think my tank has cycled fully. I will then reduce the Prime to once every 48 hours and continue to test, then once every 3 to 4 days and test to ensure there are no spikes and that my tank is cycled!
I am so grateful for this product, I did not sleep a wink last night desperate to sort this problem out!
Just to note, Seachem Prime can be used as a water conditioner by itself and it makes tap water safe for fish. However because this product had not arrived when I did my water changes I used API Stress Coat Plus in my new water which also makes tap water safe for fish as it removes chlorines and chloramines etc
The Prime can be used in conjunction with other products, it will not harm the fish. In future when I do water changes I will use Prime only as my water conditioner.
I also use a Gravel Cleaner liquid which breaks down waste and slows the build up of green algea.
I cannot recommend this product enough if you have a nitrite spike, it will save fishy lives!
UPDATE: LESS THAN 5 DAYS AFTER STARTING WITH THIS PRODUCT NITRITE AND NITRATE LEVELS BOTH 0.
This is a great product. I'll now only use it as a water conditioner with my weekly water change!