|Digital List Price:||1,135.81|
|Kindle Price:|| 639.62 |
Save 859.38 (57%)
|Sold by:||Amazon Asia-Pacific Holdings Private Limited|
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
Scary Close: Dropping the Act and Finding True Intimacy Kindle Edition
Audio CD, Audiobook, Unabridged, Import
When it comes to authenticity, is being fully yourself always worth the risk? From the author of Blue Like Jazz comes New York Times bestseller Scary Close, Donald Miller's journey of uncovering the keys to a healthy relationship and discovering that they're also at the heart of building a healthy family, a successful career, and a trusted community of friends.
After decades of failed relationships and painful drama, Miller decided that he'd had enough. Trying to impress people wasn't helping him truly connect with anyone--and neither was pretending to be someone he wasn't. He'd built himself a life of public isolation, but he dreamed of having a life defined by meaningful relationships instead. At 40-years-old, he made a scary decision: he was going to be his true self no matter what it might cost.
Scary Close tells the story of Miller's difficult choice to impress fewer people and connect with even more. It's about the importance of knocking down old walls to finally experience the freedom that comes when we stop playing a part and start being fully ourselves.
In Scary Close, Miller shares everything he's learned firsthand about how to:
- Deconstruct the old habits that no longer serve us
- Overcome the desire to please the people around us
- Always tell the truth, even when it's hard
- Find satisfaction in a daily portion of real love
- Risk being fully known in order to deeply love and be loved
- Apply these lessons to your everyday life
If you're ready to drop the act and find true, life-changing intimacy, it's time to get Scary Close.
About the Author
- ASIN : B00KQ2G45W
- Publisher : Thomas Nelson (10 February 2015)
- Language : English
- File size : 869 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 249 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #499,563 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- #2,856 in Communication & Social Skills (Books)
- #10,426 in Christianity (Kindle Store)
- #25,662 in Christianity (Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from other countries
Three of us have read it now and our friendship is turning into a real love for one another as we recognise the safety of real intimacy and lose our fear of being truly open.Possibly the most important move ever.