Other Sellers on Amazon
Seachem Flourish Excel Planted Aquarium Fertilizer, 250 ml
|You Save:||₹60.00 (7%)|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
Save Extra with 2 offers
Enhance your purchase
- Flourish excel is a source of bioavailable organic carbon and all plants require a source of carbon
- This is typically obtained from CO2, but, may also be derived from simple organic compounds (such as photosynthetic intermediates)
- The use of either CO2 injection or flourish excel does not necessarily negate the use of the other
- Because the processes of producing photosynthetic intermediates and building onto them occur simultaneously, one can derive a substantial benefit with the use of flourish excel either alone or in conjunction with CO2
- The combination is particularly ideal for situations when continuing to add CO2 could result in dangerously low pH levels
- Flourish excel also has iron reducing properties which promote the ferrous state of iron (Fe+2), which is more easily utilized by plants than ferric iron (Fe+3)
Frequently bought together
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 12.45 x 6.1 x 5.59 cm; 249.48 Grams
- Date First Available : 26 June 2015
- Manufacturer : AQUATIC REMEDIES
- ASIN : B001EUE6SC
- Item model number : 116045605
- Country of Origin : USA
- Manufacturer : AQUATIC REMEDIES, AQUATIC REMEDIES , Reg. Off. #5, South Made Street, Kolathur , Chennai , Tamil Nadu-99 ; +91 7042836466
- Packer : Eagle Network Supply Pvt. Ltd. , Khasra No. 399 Delhi - 110030 ; +91 1143528338
- Item Weight : 249 g
- Item Dimensions LxWxH : 12.4 x 6.1 x 5.6 Centimeters
- Net Quantity : 250.0 millilitre
- Included Components : 1 Piece Seachem Flourish Excel Planted Aquarium Fertilizer
- Customer Reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Aquatic Remedies K++ Potassium Manganese Calcium Aquarium Plant Fertilizer, 220 ml, White
Aquatic Remedies Plant, 220 ml, Multi
Wild Algae Controller Live Plant Aquarium 250Ml Phyto Carb Co2 Plus
|Sold By||Its About Aquariums and Pets||SAGAR AQUARIUM®||SAGAR AQUARIUM®||SAGAR AQUARIUM®|
|Item Weight||249.48 grammes||220 grammes||220 grammes||250 grammes|
Flourish Excel is a source of bioavailable organic carbon. All plants require a source of carbon. This is typically obtained from CO2, but, may also be derived from simple organic compounds (such as photosynthetic intermediates). The use of either CO2 injection or Flourish Excel does not necessarily negate the use of the other. Because the processes of producing photosynthetic intermediates and building onto them occur simultaneously, one can derive a substantial benefit with the use of Flourish Excel either alone or in conjunction with CO2 . The combination is particularly ideal for situations when continuing to add CO2 could result in dangerously low pH levels. Flourish Excel also has iron reducing properties which promote the ferrous state of iron (Fe+2), which is more easily utilized by plants than ferric iron (Fe+3).
Reviews with images
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
. It's only a CO2 promoter.
The rhizome plants are slower in adapting to excel and displaying the growth.
The price is too high. If you have a larger tank, 100 L of more that’s a lot of volumes to dose.
Delivery was on time and product quality is genuine.
By Rajit Kar on 14 June 2018
If you have snails in your aquarium, they don't handle this liquid very well. Remove them before use.
Top reviews from other countries
The main thing to know and understand about this product is that this is NOT liquid CO2! It gets called liquid CO2 all the time, but that's more of a casual term rather than an accurate description. (Liquid CO2 only exists at very high pressures which obviously can't exist in a soft plastic bottle)
What this actually IS, is quite a potent and potentially very harmful chemical (if not dosed properly) which over the course of about 24 hours in your tank, goes through a molecular change to 'become' carbon that your plants can then utilise for further growth. (I can't pretend to know or understand the whole science involved, but there are some very informative videos on YouTube explaining this process in detail 🤓).
Because its only safe to dose this in relatively small amounts it means that you're going to be limited to the amount of carbon you're going to be able to add to your system over any given period. Therefore, I've found its only really helpful when you're trying to grown relatively easy, low CO2 demanding plants rather than anything that requires high levels of CO2 (like a lot of carpeting plants for example). If that's what you want, you're gonna need to look at the high tech approach...
Coupled with low lights, I've found that I'm getting good healthy slow growth of plants like anubias, amazon swords, jungle val, and bacopa. Also (with dosing it sensibly), I've not had any problems with it effecting my shrimp or snails 👍
Also, over time, this chemical acts as a very effective anti-algae additive- some people use it just for that- but that is OVER TIME! Don't over dose your tank on it trying to get rid of the stuff! (Or you'll kill everything! Not just the algae... 😵🤣)
Anyway, hope this helps! ✌