Seachem Laboratories Prime, 250 ml
|Liquid Volume||250 Millilitres|
|Item Weight||0.29 Kilograms|
About this item
- Prime is the complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and salt water
- Prime may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/nitrite toxicity and prime detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them
- It will also detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels
- Prime also promotes the production and regeneration of the natural slime coat, prime is non-acidic and will not impact ph, prime will not overactivate skimmers
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 15.49 x 4.57 x 4.57 cm; 290 Grams
- Date First Available : 26 June 2015
- Manufacturer : AQUATIC REMEDIES
- ASIN : B0002568S6
- Item model number : 436
- Manufacturer : AQUATIC REMEDIES, AQUATIC REMEDIES , Reg. Off. #5, South Made Street, Kolathur , Chennai , Tamil Nadu-99 ; +91 7042836466
- Packer : Eagle Network Supply Pvt. Ltd. , Khasra No. 399 Delhi - 110030 ; +91 1143528338
- Item Weight : 290 g
- Item Dimensions LxWxH : 15.5 x 4.6 x 4.6 Centimeters
- Net Quantity : 250.0 millilitre
- Included Components : 1 Piece Seachem Laboratories Prime
- Customer Reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Prime is the complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and salt water. Prime removes chlorine chloramine and ammonia. Prime converts ammonia into a safe nontoxic form that is readily removed by the tanks bio filter. Prime may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia nitrite toxicity. Prime detoxifies nitrite and nitrate allowing the bio filter to more efficiently remove them. Prime also promotes the production and regeneration of the natural slime coat. Prime is nonacidic and will not impact ph. Prime will not over activate skimmers. Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water. Directions use 1 capful 5 ml for each 200 l 50 gallons of new water. For smaller doses please note each cap thread is approx. 1 Ml. This dose removes approximately 0. 6 Mgl ammonia 3 mgl chloramine or 4 mgl chlorine. May be added to aquarium directly but better if added to new water first. If adding directly to aquarium base dose on aquarium volume. Sulphur odour is normal. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations a double dose may be used safely. To detoxify nitrite in an emergency up to 5 times normal dose may be used. If temperature is and 30 c 86 f and chlorine or ammonia levels are low use a half dose.
What is in the box?
Reviews with images
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I purchased in a local store for 800 rupees (MRP 899 and given 10% discount).
Top reviews from other countries
I had a real problem with a newly established tank . My nitrite levels were off the charts but my nitrate was normal .
Let me tell you what worked for me
Include biological filter medium ( ceramic rings ) in to your filter even if you have to partially replace the sponge with medium. Always make sure the sponge is on top
In a new tank don't conduct water changes unless there is an emergency .Let your tank settle.
Get an airstone to increase flow .
And get Seachem prime .
Prime won't sort out your nitrate/nitrate problems but it detoxifies them which buys you time to establish your cycle .
I was losing fish until prime intervened and my cycle kicked in , hence the 999 reference .
Only a cycled tank will make fish happy but prime might buy you enough time to allow the cycle to kick in .
It is very concentrated so a little goes a long way (1ml per 40l)
I add it when I do my weekly water change (40l water change so I add 1 ml) or if my ammonia levels are starting to creep up (160l tanks so I add 4ml).
If my ammonia levels were high (0.5ppm) I would do a 50% water change and add 4ml (never had to do this yet...)
I use an api liquid test kit - I would say that regular testing and dosing with prime is essential for healthy, happy fish.
My aquarium is 250 litres and i use it regularly when changing water / cleaning the tank. If you have children, then no doubt you will no about the syringes in Calpol. Perfect for use here. Give them a wash and then use it for this purpose going forwards. I do regular Water tests using a test kit and always the results are as expect.