Sherri Duskey Rinker
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Sherri Duskey Rinker
Sherri lives in the Chicago area with her photographer husband and two sons. She's constantly inspired -- and often exhausted! Her books are love stories for her children, written to wrangle some smiles and with the hopes of happier bedtimes and sweet dreams for all.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Sherri Duskey Rinker
#1 New York Times Bestselling children's book author Sherri Duskey Rinker
A new toddler book and Christmas classic: VROOM and ZOOM into the holidays with this new Christmas classic from the author of the #1 New York Times bestsellers Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site and Mighty, Mighty, Construction Site!
Construction toys and construction joys: The trucks are gearing up for Christmas by building a special gift! But, there's a surprise waiting for each of them, too! Presents await for Excavator, Bulldozer, Crane, Dump Truck, and Cement Mixer as each finishes their part of this big, important job and rolls off to a sweet and sleepy goodnight.
A gift that will delight: Playful rhyming text from the bestselling author of Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site and vibrant illustrations from the acclaimed artist AG Ford make this a perfect gift for young construction fans everywhere.
If you and your child liked toddler books such as Goodnight Moon, Little Blue Truck, Dragons Love Tacos, Building a House, or The Day the Crayons Quit; you'll love Construction Site on Christmas Night
You Save: ₹ 113.68(18%)
"A standout picture book, especially for those who like wheels with their dreams." —Booklist, starred review
As the sun sets behind the big construction site, all the hardworking trucks get ready to say goodnight. One by one, Crane Truck, Cement Mixer, Dump Truck, Bulldozer, and Excavator finish their work and lie down to rest—so they'll be ready for another day of rough and tough construction play!
• Author Sherri Duskey Rinker's sweet rhyming text soothes little ones into a peaceful rest
• Full of irresistible artwork by illustrator Tom Lichtenheld
• Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site is the perfect read-aloud
This popular, timeless nighttime story continues to delight families everywhere!
• Ideal for children ages 3 to 5 years old
• Great for young construction fans
• This adorable hardcover bedtime book is a go-to gift for any occasion
You Save: ₹ 547.49(54%)
You Save: ₹ 69.90(11%)
There's work to do! No time to waste! All year the farm's a busy place!
Six hardworking trucks—with help from brand-new farm vehicles—have work to do in each of the seasons: planting in spring, building a barn in the summer, harvesting in fall, and finally tucking the animals in for a cozy winter. Construction enthusiasts will love this look at a farm through the year, and all the rough, tough work there is to do!
Sherri Duskey Rinker and AG Ford, the author-illustrator team behind the many bestselling Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site books, bring their playful rhyming text and vibrant illustrations to another exciting tale of teamwork, sure to delight little construction fans everywhere.
THE CREW VISITS THE FARM: This new addition to the bestselling Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site series features the same beloved trucks in an exciting new setting: a busy farm! They'll help build a barn, repair a road, and bring in crops, while the farm vehicles till, water, and harvest.
EXPLORE EVERY SEASON ON THE FARM: Just right for teaching early concepts such as weather or seasons, this picture book invites little readers to experience adventure on the farm every day of the year! From learning about nature and growing food to watching the construction crew tuck the animals into their new barn, there's so much to see and do on the farm! At last everyone is tucked in tight for winter—and a sweet goodnight!
ROLLICKING READ ALOUD: Sherri Duskey Rinker's bouncing, energetic rhymes make for a tremendously satisfying read-aloud experience, perfect for energetic kids who love construction.
TEACHES TEAMWORK: Just like all the stories in the Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site series, this book emphasizes teamwork, collaboration, and working together—real-world skills presented to young readers in a fun, accessible setting!
Fans of the Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site series
Truck and construction vehicle enthusiasts
Teachers and librarians
The author of the bestselling Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site picture books continues her fun, illustrated middle grade series that's perfect for fans of Beverly Cleary's The Mouse and the Motorcycle.
Revver is a little squirrel with big plans . . . to drive a race car! Now that he has secured his place on the race squad, there are so many new things to see and explore--and so many lessons to learn.
Tire-changer Bill and his team have grown very fond of Revver, despite his accidental troublemaking. But when the team travels to the airport for a faraway race, Revver's intense curiosity gets himself lost in the terminal, and the plane takes off without him! Will Revver find his way back to the team in time? And if he does, will they still accept him, or has he worn out his welcome as the very first speedway squirrel?
Sherri Duskey Rinker offers another hilarious and heartwarming story about this memorable character, perfect for fans of Ralph S. Mouse.
You Save: ₹ 411.70(44%)
The construction team is taking on their biggest challenge yet—building a brand-new superhighway! With the help of new rough-and-tough road-building machines, the crew gears up for an action-packed day of rolling, building, paving, painting, and all the jobs that go into making a strong new road that will get everyone home safe in time for bed! Playful rhyming text from the bestselling team behind Construction Site on Christmas Night, Three Cheers for Kid McGear!, and Construction Site Mission: Demolition! make this thrilling tale of teamwork a must-have read-aloud for construction fans everywhere.
LATEST IN THE ENORMOUSLY POPULAR SERIES: The Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site series books have become bedtime staples and modern classics, and its millions of fans love each book for its tough, can-do trucks and their sweet, sleepy endings.
HOW TO BUILD A ROAD: The process of putting a new road together is FASCINATING and involves a whole bunch of special vehicles, who help the original crew level, grade, flatten, pave, stripe, and open up a new road so that everyone can get home safe for bedtime!
ROLLICKING READ-ALOUD: Sherri's bouncing, energetic rhymes make for a tremendously satisfying read-aloud experience, perfect for the energetic kids who love construction.
TEACHES TEAMWORK: Like Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site, this series extension emphasizes teamwork, collaboration, and working together—real-world skills presented to young readers in a fun, accessible construction-site setting!
Perfect for: Parents, gift-givers, truck and construction enthusiasts
It's time for bed, but one little mouse just can't get to sleep. It's TOO QUIET! But the night is full of rhythmic sounds, from the croak of the bullfrog to the howl of a coyote on a distant hill. As the symphony of nighttime sounds builds and builds in this rollicking read-aloud, the mouse starts to wonder whether he wouldn't like a little MORE quiet.
From the bestselling author of Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site comes a silly, noisy bedtime book that will have parents and children squealing, croaking, and laughing along—before settling themselves down for a quiet night's sleep.
• BESTSELLING AUTHOR: With five #1 New York Times bestselling picture books to date, Sherri Rinker has won the hearts of millions of fans with the Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site series.
• GREAT BEDTIME READ-ALOUD: Soft and sweet rhymes build to a hilarious nighttime chorus before settling back down to sleep. Little readers will delight in the humor and interactivity of this bedtime book, just right for a fun read-aloud that encourages appreciation of bedtime's soothing quiet.
• A GO-TO BOOK FOR PARENTS: Does your child love animal noises and funny read-alouds? This book will engage even the most rambunctious readers, and become a bedtime favorite.
• Parents, grandparents, and caregivers
• Kindergarten and elementary school teachers
• Fans of Sherri Duskey Rinker
Meet Revver: a little squirrel with big dreams . . . to drive a race car! His siblings might not understand his need for speed, but Revver doesn't care. And he certainly doesn't care about looking for food, climbing trees, or any other "ordinary" squirrel activity. He spends his days staring at the racetrack just below his nest, where the cars zoom by day in and day out.
When Revver finally gets the chance to sneak out to the track, he finds that becoming part of the pit crew is more difficult than he expected. He never learned anything about engines in Squirrel School! Then Revver meets tire changer Bill, who luckily has a soft spot for animals. Can Revver prove to Bill that he deserves to be part of the team?
Perfect for fans of Ralph S. Mouse, Revver the Speedway Squirrel is a funny, action-packed, and heartwarming story about family, feeling different, and following your heart.
In Construction Site Mission: Demolition!, the construction team we all know and love has an exciting job to do—smashing, crushing, sorting, hauling.
Ultimately, this picture book is about working together, breaking things down, and cleaning it all up at the end of the day.
• Filled with playful rhyming text and vibrant illustrations to inspire cleanup
• Features the same beloved trucks and construction site from the original book Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site
• Teaches teamwork, perseverance, and how to overcome obstacles—and have fun!
Demolition is tough work, but these powerful vehicles are up to the task—and once the job is done, there will be a freshly cleared and tidy construction site ready for building something new.
This satisfying story is from the bestselling team behind Construction Site on Christmas Night and Three Cheers for Kid McGear.
• More than 3.5 million copies sold in the series
• Perfect for kids who love construction and all the machines that come with it
• Resonates year-round as a go-to read for children ages 3 to 5
• You'll love this book if you love books like Where Do Diggers Sleep at Night? by Brianna Caplan Sayres, Digger, Dozer, Dumper by Hope Vestergaard, and The Goodnight Train by June Sobel.
It's time for bed and this little octopus is more than happy to volunteer! He's all ready to put his parents to bed! Bath time, putting on pajamas, brushing teeth, and tucking everyone in is a whole new challenge when the kid is in charge (and especially when everyone has eight arms!). From bestselling author Sherri Duskey Rinker and award-winning illustrator Viviane Schwarz comes a romping, rhyming, hilarious tale sure to entertain wiggly bedtime readers everywhere.
• Perfect for children who are learning good bedtime, bath time, and toothbrushing habits
• Silly and clever rhymes make this a perfect read-aloud book
• From the bestselling author of Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site and Steam Train, Dream Train
Any child who loves Dinosaur vs. Bedtime, I Am Not Sleepy and Will Not Go to Bed, and Llama, Llama, Red Pajama will love How to Put an Octopus to Bed!
• Read-aloud book for kids ages 3–5
• Toddler book about brushing teeth
• Goodnight books for toddlers
Sherri Duskey Rinker is the New York Times bestselling author of the Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site series and Steam Train, Dream Train. She lives in Chicago with her photographer husband and two energetic, inquisitive sons.
Viviane Schwarz is the author-illustrator of several picture books, including There Are Cats in this Book, There Are No Cats in this Book, and Is There a Dog in this Book? She can usually be found in her studio in London, unless she's outside researching and sketching.
Crane Truck's Opposites: Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site introduces the concept of opposites in board book form to youngest readers.
Little construction fans will love learning early concepts by watching Crane Truck as he works from DAY to NIGHT on jobs both BIG and SMALL, with help from his friend Excavator.
• This concept-driven board book features characters from the bestselling Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site and Mighty, Mighty Construction Site series
• Construction vehicles are a favorite topic among little readers
• Touches upon themes of shared work and the value of friendship, while teaching the concept of opposites
Perfect for little ones, this adorable book introduces favorite machines to readers ages 0 to 3 years old.
It's all in a day's work for the trucks of the bestselling Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site.
• A wonderful book for parents and caregivers of vehicle, truck, and construction-loving kids
• A great pick for teachers and librarians who seek an entertaining and educational book for the classroom about opposites
• Perfect for those who adored My Truck Is Stuck! by Kevin Lewis, Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle, and The Little Blue Digger series by Harriet Tuppen