Sony HT-S500RF Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theatre System
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you are a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Learn more about the programme.
- Premium Design Diamond shape Punching metal Grill
- Dolby Digital Audio for Real 5.1 Ch experience with
- Realize high sound pressure with 1000W Power output
- Additional Front Tweeter for high sound clarity
- Powerful Bass with 18 cm big Subwoofer
- Easy & Clean Set-up straight out of the box
- Designed for India, Tuned for India
Save Extra with 5 offers
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details Here's how
- Bank Offer (2): Get 5% up to Rs. 1000 Instant Discount on Axis Bank Credit EMI transactions and 10% up to Rs. 1500 Instant discount on Axis Bank Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Exchange Offer: Enter your pincode to view Exchange offer
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Make your movie soundtracks even more authentic with 5.1 channels of real surround sound. With wired rear speakers and an external subwoofer, this 3ch soundbar delivers deep, room-filling sound for movies, music and more.
Compare with similar items
Sony HT-RT3 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theatre System
Sony HT-RT40 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Tall boy Soundbar Home Theatre System
Sony HT-X8500 Single 2.1Ch Soundbar with Dolby Atmos and Built-in subwoofers - Black
Sony HT-S700RF Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Tall boy Soundbar Home Theatre System
Sony HT-ST5000 7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos 4K Wireless Soundbar Home Theatre System
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd||Appario Retail Private Ltd|
|Compatible Devices||Mobile (IOS, Android, others), Tablets, Laptops, and all bluetooth devices||Mobile (IOS, Android, others), Tablets, Laptops, and all bluetooth devices||Mobile (IOS, Android, others), Tablets, Laptops, and all bluetooth devices||Mobile (IOS, Android, others), Tablets, Laptops, and all bluetooth devices||Mobile (IOS, Android, others), Tablets, Laptops, and all bluetooth devices||Mobile (IOS, Android, others), Tablets, Laptops, and all bluetooth devices|
|Item Package Dimensions||94.2 x 40.2 x 27.4 Centimetres||1 meters x 46.99 Centimetres x 24.89 Centimetres||1.12 meters x 47 Centimetres x 30.8 Centimetres||93.98 x 16.51 x 16.51 Centimetres||1.24 meters x 34 Centimetres x 21 Centimetres||1.2 meters x 63.2 Centimetres x 29.8 Centimetres|
|Item Weight||17 kg||2.1 kg||2.1 kg||3.1 kg||21 kg||—|
From the manufacturer
Real 5.1ch Surround Sound
Get the better seat in the house. A 3-channel soundbar, subwoofer and two powerful rear speakers create an authentic 5.1 channel surround sound cinema experience.
Premium Design Diamond Shape Punching Metal Grill
New Diamond shaped grill design on speakers maximises the aperture ratio to deliver higher sound pressure.
High Sound Pressure with 1000W Power Output
1000W loud and clear output from high volume boxes. High sound pressure generated from both sound bar and tall boy speakers.
Front Tweeters for High Sound Clarity
2X Front High quality 1-inch tweeters in the sound bar speakers to reproduce high frequency to enrich the surround sound.
Powerful Bass with 18cm Bigger Subwoofer
18cm Bigger subwoofer unit ensures you enjoy powerful and clear bass while watching your favourite content.
Bookshelf Rear Speakers Complete the Experience
The HT-S500RF comes with 21.6cm book shelf rear speakers with full range 65mm driver for your cinematic enjoyment.
Easy Setup, Straight Out the Box
You're ready to go, almost instantly. Just plug in and enjoy 5.1 channels of real surround sound. All your cables run into the subwoofer, so you can keep things neat and tidy.
Designed for India, Tuned for India
HT-S500RF has been designed and tuned keeping the habits and usage of Indian customers in mind. It is designed to ensure every Indian customer can enjoy their favourite music to the fullest.
Multi Connectivity Options - Bluetooth, USB, HDMI ARC and Optical IN
Multi connectivity options including Bluetooth, USB, HDMI ARC and Optical IN ensure you can enjoy your favourite music whether wirelessly or through a memory drive with ease.
Enjoy dramatic, high-quality surround sound from 5.1 separate audio channels with Dolby Digital.
Easily Manage your Content/ Sound Setting with Music Center App
With Sony’s exclusive Music Center app you can control music streamed wirelessly and played over USB. You can manage your pen drive content and play only the songs you like.
Review this product
79 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have got the Sony OLED TV recently for my bedroom and wanted to go with an entry level home theater along with it. When I auditioned in stores like Croma and Reliance Digital (very crappy setups consisting of just spreading down the speakers in front of TV with no sound field to talk of), the BDV-E3200 system consistently seemed to out-perform the S500 and seem to sound a bit brighter/lively to my liking, it also had an additional BDP baggage which is not so ideal for the bedroom setup. None of the systems I auditioned in these stores even approached my actual HT room sound with Marantz receiver though and I was in double mind on whether to go with a good 2.1 setup (Swans M50w) or a sony 5.1. During diwali though, got a good offer on HT-S500 and hence pulled the trigger and got it home unsure that I will not like the sound.
The whole surprise of the package was awaiting only after the system is setup properly with sound bar below the TV and subwoofer beside it on the floor and rear speakers placed at ear level to the sides. I just checked few youtube, hotstar, netflix videos which are just 2.0 to start with and the system showed a beautifully upscaled sound with great soundstage and presence with the DEFAULT settings. A separates system would require endless matching and fine tuning to get here to start with. Stunned, I connected my external HDD with 5.1/7.1 movie/test tracks to the TV and played via kodi player (just for kicks to access the system and not something which this system was meant for since I have an actual HT room for serious movie playback). The sound was unbelievable and totally unexpected at this price range with compromised speaker designs and without a proper AVR. Stunned, I played other stuff and gathered the below for anyone who are looking for a similar system..
1) Completely fills a 14*16 bedroom with beautiful multi dimensional sound.
2) Rear speakers seemed to be designed to be placed behind the head rather than on the sides on ear level s with professional setups, still ear level setup is a working compromise.
3) Absolutely thrilling upscaling. 2.0 songs are rendered beautifully in 5.0 when played with "all speaker" mode. I have had a hard time to decide which once I like, real 5.1 songs or 2.0. With upscaled audio, some of the spoken words and voice comes through the read channel but instead of being annoying, it is actually immersive giving razor sharp definition to the words. Pro setups do not mix up channels at any cost and will miss out on this effect.
4) The sub disappears beautifully with default setup but pumps out great punchy bass. Again, during upscaling 2.0 to 5.1, bass is emphasised more and misses on some clarity but still thoroughly enjoyable.
5) Very convincing performance with 5.1 material. Compares to high end systems and misses out on very deep rumble.What it looses on rumble, it makes up with vocal presentation which strangely is better than high end systems (though a bit artificial if you had to nitpick).
6) Have unbelievable volume and range for the size. Store demo will never give you this impression.
7) Can decode only DD and DTS and none of the HD material (DTS HD Master or DD+ or DD TrueHD). I have setup Kodi player app (Default video player in Sony TV does not play videos with these HD sound formats) to pass though only DD and hence HD material sounds a small bit compromised compared to high end system.
8) I cant stress on the voice intelligibility aspect (with ClearVoice+ enabled) and 2.0 to 5.1 upscaling prowess. This is the major strength.
9) Connects vis Bravia sync and can adjust volume, on/off etc with TV remote itself. Switches on/off along with TV without an issue.
10) Streaming 5.1 content from Netflix and Prime video (reason I got this for) is hugely satisfactory. 2.0 content sound very good as an additional bonus.
11) Wires are minimal compared to E3200 and I have pasted white tapes along the length of the room walls to make them vanish.
12) ARC perfectly works with Sony TV. Not sure of other brands.
1) Tone test reveals that the sub extends from 30Hz to 210Hz and hence it is producing some of the mid bass that the other speakers are supposed to produce. Professional subs are caliberated to 120Hz or 140Hz max. >140Hz, the bass is directional and should be produced by the satellite speakers ideally. Here it looks like the sub takes some load and letting the satellite speakers relax a bit. This might give an illusion of punchy bass but some will interpret it as boomy bass or unidirectional bass and might give headache to some.
2) Since the sub produces some frequencies it is not supposed to produce, it stands out of the other speakers in some bass heavy scenes in movies (like ship wreck or Tsunami). You can feel the sub is punching above its rank and can feel the sub placement etc without it being integrated with the rest of the system.
3) In some modes voice comes out through rear speakers which some may not like. Since it makes the vocals sharp, it does not bother me even for hifi vocal songs.
All in all this system has some working compromises and has crossed some lines when it comes to frequency response and voice reproduction but ended up being pleasant in doing that. Cannot say that for a lot of systems out there. More than that, comparing it to high end separates tells a lot about the things that have gone into making the system. If you are a purist though, you can switch off all those effects and feel a little bit underwhelmed.. If not just put it in one of the preferred mode and prepare to be awed.
I would recommend this to a bedroom sized room for real no compromise setup with setup properly. I got it thinking of living with the compromises and there does not seem to be anything major. Spend some time to setup properly referring some setup guide from youtube and get awe stuck every time.
Thank you. Will update my findings later if any.
1- produce Realistic sound.
2 you feel that you are out of this world.
3 No comparison with other products brands in this price range.
4 Bass is awesome & produce shaking sound.
5 value of money.
Guys close your eyes & go for it l, I assure you it will not let u down.. it's Awesome.A big thumbs up
2. Nobody contacted for any installation/demo.
3. Audio connectivity from my Panasonic TV (model: TH-43ES480DX) has issues.
Not sure if this supports 4k
For people complaining about improper audio quality, ensure the following
1) you are connecting via ARC channel and change sound settings accordingly in TV, PS4 etc.
2) The video content is 5.1 supporting