Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Author
Stacking Doll Paperback – Import, 1 March 2018
Save Extra with 3 offers
10 Days Replacement Only
|Return Reason||Return Period||Return Policy|
|Physical Damage, Defective, Wrong, or Missing item||10 days from delivery||Replacement|
Enhance your purchase
For almost 20 years, Carlton Mellick III has been writing some of the strangest and most compelling novels the bizarro fiction genre has to offer. Described as one of the top 40 science-fiction writers under the age of 40 by The Guardian and "one of the most original novelists working today" by extreme horror legend Edward Lee. In his 56th book, Mellick has created a surreal love story that explores the ugly and beautiful nature of relationships.
Stacking Doll is the story of Benjamin Hammond, a young man who is in love with a Russian nesting doll. But in this world, nesting dolls are not just antique wooden toys. They are a race of people known as Matryoshkans, a subspecies of human who are born with a very peculiar abnormality--they have a collection of smaller people living inside of them.
Benjamin never thought he'd ever fall in love with anyone, let alone a Matryoshkan, but from the moment he met Ynaria he knew she was the only one for him. Although relationships between humans and Matryoshkans are practically unheard of, the two are determined to get married despite objections from their friends and family. After meeting Ynaria's strict conservative parents, it becomes clear to Benjamin that the only way they will approve of their union is if they undergo The Trial--a matryoshkan wedding tradition where couples lock themselves in a house for several days in order to introduce each other to all of the people living inside of them.
No human has ever gone through The Trial before, so Benjamin has no idea what's in store for him. He assumes that he'll love each of Ynaria's inner selves just as much as he loves her, but as she peels off her layers he realizes that each one is more neurotic and difficult to deal with than the last. And if they're ever going to be together, Benjamin must fall in love with each and every one of his fiancé's inner personalities, no matter how strange or disturbing they turn out to be.
From the author of Quicksand House and The Terrible Thing That Happens, comes yet another one-of-a-kind bizarro story that only Wonderland Award-winning cult author Carlton Mellick III could tell.
Special offers and product promotions
- 10% Instant Discount up to INR 1500 on SBI Credit Card EMI Trxn. Min purchase value INR 5000 Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to INR 1250 on SBI Credit Card Non-EMI Trxn. Min purchase value INR 5000 Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount Upto INR 750 on SBI Debit Card Trxn. Min purchase value INR 5000 Here's how
- Additional Flat INR 5000 Instant Discount on SBI Credit Card Trxn. Min purchase value INR 100000 Here's how
- Additional Flat INR 1000 Instant Discount on SBI Credit Card Trxn. Min purchase value INR 75000 Here's how
- Additional Flat INR 1500 Instant Discount on SBI Credit Card Trxn. Min purchase value INR 50000 Here's how
- Additional Flat INR 1500 Instant Discount on SBI Credit Card Trxn. Min purchase value INR 30000 Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
- Publisher : Eraserhead Press (1 March 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 138 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1621052656
- ISBN-13 : 978-1621052654
- Item Weight : 136 g
- Dimensions : 12.7 x 0.81 x 17.78 cm
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from other countries
Benjamin is in love with his girlfriend Ynaria and wants to get married to her, but of course this is in the mad world of CM3, and nothing is going to be simple. Ynaria is a living Russian doll with multiple layers and her parents insist he must undergo a trial and meet all her layers before they can marry. A knight may have to slay a dragon to win a lady's hand in marriage, Benjamin has to be approved of by all of his lover's doll layers before he can marry her.... sometimes you have to fight for what you want.
Each of Ynaria's layers reveal more and the story gets more and more intense and wierd, I won't reveal anymore because that would stray into spoiler territory, and believe me you don't want this amazing book spoilt for you.
A wonderful book that manages to be bizarre, warped, ugly, beautiful and heartwarming at the same time. You need this in your life.
The ending is positive and uplifting.
Great story. I really liked the afterword.