Starting Strength Basic Barbell Training Hardcover
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer: 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with SBI Credit cards and Credit Card EMIs Here's how
- No Cost EMI (2): No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Cashback: Get daily rewards up to ₹100 on shopping with Amazon Pay UPI.Check your eligibility here Here's how
- Partner Offers (4): Get FLAT 5% BACK with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime members. Flat 3% BACK for non-Prime members. Here's how
- Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
4. Bench Press
5. Power Clean
Now, these exercises and the training methodology may be familiar to somebody with an experience in powerlifting circles, but this "style" is completely new to me. An immensely valuable resource along with this book is the collection of videos where the lead author (Mr. Rippetoe) demonstrates all the 'lifts' with considerable detail. Each video is about half an hour long, and thankfully, are provided for free on the book's companion site.
The book has a lot of wit and dry humor, along with punch-in-your-face style straight advice for people new to strength training, who, like me, have been conditioned by Nautilus machines and bodybuilding mags, to have a distorted view of strength and body image.
Since this book is more of a manual, I'll probably add an update a few months after training. Suffice it to say at this point that this book is a gold mine of information, and more importantly, CORRECT information.
Hats off to Mr. Rippetoe for penning this lovely book.
Top international reviews
I'm so glad I bought this book.
Downside is, I learnt that I can't squat 150kg, not properly. The upside is that I'm sure I will be able to, in due course. I dropped weight off the bar, and my technique, and awareness of my positioning, is now so crisp.
Can't recommend this book enough.
You will get strong if you follow the program, eat well, sleep well and stop mincing about.
Its expensive, but id recommend finding the real book. I think i paid around £35 from a strength training website in the uk
Keeps it simple with how you train, but goes in depth with form and explains everything.
A must have for any barbell enthusiast
Having said that, if you are looking for a light reading book with a lot of nice pictures (which would definitely be insufficient to learn the right techniques!) then this one is not for you. It does require some serious reading of the text to get the point.
Well worth getting the Kindle version.