Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Please enter your mobile phone number or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
The Super Achievers: The Remarkable Jewish Contribution to Science and Human Well-being Highlighted by Nobel Prize Winners Paperback – Import, 17 January 2020
Save Extra with 3 offers
10 Days Replacement OnlyThis item is eligible for free replacement, within 10 days of delivery, in an unlikely event of damaged, defective or different item delivered to you. Please keep the item in its original condition, with outer box or case, accessories, CDs, user manual, warranty cards, scratch cards, and other accompaniments in manufacturer packaging for a successful return pick-up. We may contact you to ascertain the damage or defect in the product prior to issuing replacement.
Enhance your purchase
American Jews, accounting for 2% of all Americans, have received 37% of all U.S. awards. The vastly disproportionate award winners exemplifies Jewish exceptionalism."The Super Achievers examines such topics as:
- The rarified world of Nobel Prizes
- What factors likely account for Jewish exceptionalism
- How America benefited from scientists who fled Nazism
- The rise of Israel as a science and technology powerhouse
- Lives and discoveries of groundbreaking Jewish laureates
- Prizewinners' origins, family and educational backgrounds
- Tectonic shifts: Where Jews live now and where they used to live
- Barriers to Breakthroughs: The Jewish American experience
- Nobel science award recipients worldwide
- Women who won Nobel Prizes in science
- Are science and religion compatible?You'll also discover...
- The first American to receive a Nobel Prize in science-a Jewish Naval officer
- The German Jewish inventor of poisonous gas used in extermination camps
- Einstein's Nobel Prize was not for the Theory of Relativity
- Why Jonas Salk did not receive a Nobel Prize
- The 18-year-old Harvard student who was recruited to work on the atomic bomb project
- The Nobel physicist who solved the mystery of the Challenger space disaster
- The physician whose death was kept a secret so he could win a Nobel Prize
- An entrepreneurial laureate whose discoveries led to creating major pharmaceutical companies
- The oldest Nobel science prize winner-a ninety-six-year-old in 2018
- The Nobel physicists who had to wait fifty years to have their findings corroborated. . . and much more
- Publisher : Ronald Gerstl (17 January 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 286 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0578629224
- ISBN-13 : 978-0578629223
- Item Weight : 404 g
- Dimensions : 15.6 x 1.63 x 23.39 cm
- Country of Origin : USA
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from other countries
I did not realise the jewish contribution to science, medicine and human well being is so spectacular.
How less than 0.02% of the worlds population has.been awarded 24% of nobel prizes in medicine and science is truly amazing!!!