Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ ₹ 35.99 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 94.00 Delivery charge
Go Tell it on the Mountain (Penguin Modern Classics) Paperback – 4 October 2001
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (6): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 + up to 5% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000). Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- Cashback (2): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
His prose hit me, almost winding me with its intensity. I'd never read a novel that described loneliness and desire with such burning eloquence -- Douglas Field, Guardian
Vivid imagery, with lavish attention to details, The New York Times
A beautiful, enduring, spiritual song of a novel -- Andrew O'Hagan
One of the few essential novelists of our time, New Statesman
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 204 g
- Paperback : 272 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0141185910
- ISBN-13 : 978-0141185910
- Product Dimensions : 19.8 x 1.7 x 12.9 cm
- Publisher : Penguin UK (4 October 2001)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #79,981 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Obviously James Baldwin is one of the greatest writers of all time so I don’t need to preach about his masterful use of language and pacing and characterisation (although I just have 🤣) but I do want to tell you that even if you are an atheist - as I am - you can still take something from this novel. Yes, there were some dense passages on nothing more than the bible and God, and yes, these were a little tedious at times, but the bigger picture here is this family; John’s family, and how they came to be who and where they are now.
I loved how Baldwin took us effortlessly from past to present in order to explore how these characters became what they are in the present day.
I felt unsure and disconcerted while reading this because I was thinking about myself and my own life instead of just reading the words Baldwin had given me. I was constantly thinking about this poor young boy who is gay but will never get acceptance for that. And his religious awakening I saw more as a cry for help. One that will never be answered because the era in which he lives is not equipped to give him what he needs. Very sad. But then I feel this way after finishing any Baldwin novel.
Although 60 years old, it reveals that not much has changed and that most fanatic religious people most of the time or the most hypocrite sinners
beautiful story, but expected more of the end