Tender Earth Paperback – 14 June 2017
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer (6): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 + up to 5% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000). Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- Cashback (2): 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. Valid once per customer on 1st Amazon Pay UPI transaction on App. Click here to check eligibility Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Tender Earth addresses complex ideas with grace and immense humanity Author: Katherine Rundell, author of The Wolf Wilder and Rooftoppers
Inclusive Minds are delighted to welcome the arrival of Tender Earth on the children’s book landscape. We embrace a book like this that has been so thoroughly researched and demonstrates such authentic inclusion Source: Inclusive Minds
[Tender Earth] illuminates the importance of equality, friendship and solidarity and upholds our right to protest against injustice Source: Amnesty International UK
Sita Brahmachari’s touching portrait of family life and self-discovery reveals how even the youngest members of society have the capacity to become human rights defenders Source: Amnesty International Book Blog
Expertly capturing the uncertainty of early adolescence, Sita Brahmachari has written an authentic depiction of family life, full of warmth, humour and compassion, continuing the story which began in Artichoke Hearts. Source: Armadillo Magazine
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Item Weight : 306 g
- Paperback : 432 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9781509812509
- ISBN-13 : 978-1509812509
- Product Dimensions : 12.7 x 2.79 x 19.69 cm
- Publisher : Macmillan Children's Books (14 June 2017)
- Reading level : 9 - 11 years
- ASIN : 1509812504
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #535,438 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
this book is a "must read" in these troubled times. Not only for any young person that fears for our world, but also for those who have little experience of the sharp end of a society where racism and prejudice are rife.
This is Sita Brahmachari's thrid book that centres round the colourful Levenson family. "Artichoke hearts" painfully invoked the emotions they all felt as their beloved 'Nana Josie' came to the end of her life. Laila, the youngest of the three children had just been born, and as Josie said prophetically, "You see,you have a replacement for me". And in "Tender Earth" that is exactly what Laila becomes.
In the character of Laila, struggling with the changes that are happening all round her, Sita has caught with sensitive insight exactly the feelings of confusion and rejection that lead her to take a stand for her Grandmother's beliefs that now become her own.
This is a book rich in its attention to detail in its depiction of the normal life of one family in a multi-cultural society.
Readers of Sita's other books, "Artichoke Hearts" and "Jasmine Skies" , will be happy to meet Jide and Janu again, and to begin to know more about Mira and Krish . I cannot recommend this book strongly enough. Please read it!