Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 31.77 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 45.00 Delivery charge
The Tiny Seed Paperback – 14 October 2000
Frequently bought together
About the Author
Eric Carle is an internationally bestselling and award-winning author and illustrator of books for very young children including his most well-known title The Very Hungry Caterpillar. With his late wife, Barbara, Eric Carle co-founded The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Massachusetts in 2002.
Eric Carle divides his time between the Florida Keys and the hills of North Carolina.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Publisher : Penguin UK (14 October 2000)
- Language: : English
- Paperback : 32 pages
- ISBN-10 : 014055713X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0140557138
- Reading age : 3 - 6 years
- Item Weight : 152 g
- Dimensions : 22.86 x 15.24 x 3.18 cm
- Country of Origin : United Kingdom
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,930 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I thought it to be similar to 'the hungry Caterpillar' board book, which my son loves listening to. However, the text was lengthy, my 3 year old was getting a bit impatient and wanted to know what's happening before I finished reading it.
If you are looking to just tell the story by showing the pictures, then this book is good for toddlers. If you want to read to your child, then this might be a better choice for 5 or 6 year old and above.
This book in particular isnt definitely one of Eric Carle's greatest works from my point of view for the following reasons:
1. Since this book talks of nature and the journey and life of a seed, it starts on a factual note of how a small seed grows into a tree, but then it talks of this small seed growing into a rather extremely giant?(bigger than biggest) plant? with a huge flower???
2. This book is text heavy. It requires the child to read through lot of sentences, thereby making it less ideal for bed time reading or very young learners.
3. The paperback version is slim yet expensive :(
Final verdict: I bought my copy cos am a fan of Carle's works. I was looking forward to having my son read this but he doesnt fancy this as of now. It would be ideal for kids in the age group of 6-8 yrs. Also teachers can use this book as a teaching aid provided they manipulate the ending :)
Mins will love to read it to kids. While explaining the seeds journy in a fantastic way, it also allows to imagin various seasons and effects of the seasons on nature. Blended many thing in a beautiful way. A must read .
Top reviews from other countries
Also shows how the life cycle starts all over again.