Please enter your mobile phone number or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
Ultimate Marvel: Includes two exclusive prints Hardcover – 7 September 2017
Save Extra with 3 offers
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
About the Author
Lorraine Cink is a comedian and writer for Marvel's weekly web show, The Watcher. But don't let that comedy background fool you, she is a serious Marvel expert who really knows how to make her deep knowledge accessible and entertaining to a wide audience. She lives in New York City.
Adam Bray is a frequent contributor to DK Star Wars™ and LEGO® Star Wars books, including Ultimate Star Wars and the best-selling Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know. Visit him online at https://twitter.com/authoradambray.
Stephen "Win" Wiacek has worked in all areas of the comics industry since the 1980s. Stephen lives in London and has contributed to DK's DC Comics Encyclopedia, and numerous other comic book-related titles.
Melanie Scott has written and contributed to a range of comic book publications, including Marvel Ultimate Fact Book, DC Comics: Ultimate Character Guide - New Edition, and LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes Ultimate Quiz Book, all by DK.
Cover artwork is by esteemed comic-book artist Adi Granov.
- ASIN : 0241288126
- Publisher : DK (7 September 2017)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 320 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9780241288122
- ISBN-13 : 978-0241288122
- Reading age : 12 - 18 years
- Item Weight : 2 kg 360 g
- Dimensions : 26.5 x 3.7 x 32.2 cm
- Country of Origin : United Kingdom
- Best Sellers Rank: #172,072 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Character entries are presented in separate chapters for the different era's they were first published, from the Golden Age, the Atlas Comics Age, the Marvel Age, the Bronze Age, Modern Age, and Heroic Age.
Additionally, the volume has numerous other chapters dealing with aspects of the Marvel Universe beyond the characters that occupy it:
- A timeline of the Marvel Universe, including entries for every major and minor event in the companies long history, from Secret Wars, to the Mutant Massacre, to Operation Galactic Storm, to Civil War, and everything in between.
- 'Vehicles', including the SHIELD helecarrier and X-Men Blackbird.
- Weapons and Technology, including Captain Americas shield and the many armours of Ironman
- 'Cosmic Powers', such as the rings of the Mandarin, the Nega Bands, or the Cosmic Cube.
- 'Magical Artifacts', such as Thors hammer, the Black Knights ebony blade, and Dr Strange's cloak of levitation.
- 'Planets and Realms', such as Asgard, Olympia, the Negative Zone, and the Kree home world Hala.
- 'Countries and Places', such as Latveria, Wakanda, Atlantis and many others.
Whilst no book could ever truly be big enough to cover absolutely every aspect of the Marvel Universe, and there are books out there that do a better job at looking at specific parts of the Marvel Universe (such as Marvel Vehicles: Owner's Workshop Manual ), 'Ultimate Marvel' is undoubtedly the most comprehensive, fully illustrated general guide to the Marvel universe available on the market at this time, with in excess of 300 full-colour pages, presented in a fantastic looking oversized hardback edition, and accurate up to and including 2017's big event 'Civil War II'.
Its not to be missed by any serious fan of Marvel, and is an ideal gift for both long standing fans and new ones, young or old.