- Reading level: 10+ years
- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Puffin; First edition (25 September 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0143442333
- ISBN-13: 978-0143442332
- Package Dimensions: 19.7 x 13.1 x 1.5 cm
- Customer Reviews: 326 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #746 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Upside-Down King: Unusual Tales about Rama and Krishna Paperback – 25 September 2018
Save Extra with 3 offers
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (4): Get FLAT 5% BACK with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime members. Flat 3% BACK for non-Prime members. No minimum order value. No upper limit on cashback. Here's how
- Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Customers also bought these Kindle books
Customers who bought this item also bought these digital items
About the Author
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What digital items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Actually you may take this book as a part of a series, according to me. The so-called series includes three books - The Man From The Egg: Unusual Tales About The Trinity, The Serpent's Revenge: Unusual Tales from the Mahabharata and The Upside-Down King: Unusual Tales about Rama and Krishna.
These three books can be read by anyone aged from 8 to 80. But, these books should not be used for research purpose as that needs more in-depth analysis.
The best part about the series is Murthy's writing. She doesn't make these books complex, hard-to-understand by including unnecessary informations. The flow of writing will give you the feeling - you're not reading some short articles, rather a complete book. The incidents of any of the book are interconnected.
Page quality is pretty good as usual as a Puffin book. Completely new books have been delivered.
If you love Mythology specially Indian Mythology, then go for these three books. You'll surely like it.
All the stories are well formulated and are different from each other . You many a times want to stop reading to sync with the revealation. My biggest one would be when I found out that Ravana was actually defeated by two warriors before Ram, yes you heard it right. Check many of these unheard stories out in this book.I recommend it to everyone who likes to read mythology and wants to discover what is hidden between the lines of Geeta,Ramayan , Mahabharata and many of our holy scriptures.
What I loved in the book?
The cover of the book.
The language is easy to grasp.
The choice of stories been written.
#southindianwriter #southindiabooks #mythology #mythologyfan #sudhamurthybooks #sudhamurthy #booksbooksbooks #krishnastories #ranstories #sudhamurthyfandom #mythologyreads #chitrabanerjeedivakaruni
There are few stories which I got confused because , I had known from mom otherwise, also few other books told differently. Now am intrigued to read more about Ramayana related books.
The children will also like the stories, learn about the Indian culture and stories behind various characters like Harishchandra, Valmiki etc.