- Reading level: 13 - 16 years
- Hardcover: 448 pages
- Publisher: DC Comics; Deluxe edition (4 June 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781401238964
- ISBN-13: 978-1401238964
- ASIN: 1401238963
- Product Dimensions: 18.6 x 2.8 x 28.3 cm
- Customer Reviews: 775 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #87,257 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Watchmen: The Deluxe Edition Hardcover – 4 June 2013
Customers who bought this item also bought these digital items
What digital items do customers buy after viewing this item?
"WATCHMEN is peerless."—Rolling Stone
"Remarkable ... the would-be heroes of WATCHMEN have staggeringly complex psychological profiles."—New York Times Book Review
"A masterwork representing the apex of artistry."—Entertainment Weekly
"The greatest piece of popular fiction ever produced."—LOST co-creator Damon Lindelof
About the Author
Alan Moore, born in 1953, is an English graphic novel writer. He is also the author of From Hell and V For Vendetta. Moore has worked on major characters like Superman and Batman. He was hired by DC Comics in 1983, and his first Batman publication came out in 1988. Moore has won multiple Eagle Awards, Jack Kirby Awards, Eisner Awards, and Comics Buyer's Guide Fan Awards.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed these digital items
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The paperback edition is available at half the price of this edition and if you are not intending to make this a permanent addition to your library which can stand the test of time, my humble suggestion is to go for the paperback instead of the hardcover.
2. The hardcover edition has a hybrid glued-sewn binding like most DC hardcovers which makes it a little tight. Mind you, there is no gutter loss but you will need to use some ungainly force to make the book lie flat on the table.
3. Given the binding and if you handle your books properly, this edition will last for a long, long time without pages coming loose.
4. If you are a collector like me, there are two options when it comes to a hardcover copy of Watchmen - this 2013 DC Deluxe Edition and the Absolute Edition.
The Absolute Edition is the Holy Grail - A pure sewn binding, tons of bonus content, oversized, excellent build quality and comes in a slipcase. However, it costs roughly 4 times as much as the Deluxe HC.
The 2013 Deluxe HC compromises slightly on build quality front but not enough to qualify as a deal breaker. Its a little larger than the original TPB print size and contains almost 85% of the bonus content you find in the Absolute edition. The pages inside are beautiful heavy glossy stock paper. The book has a matte finish dust jacket with Issue #1's cover on the inside.
To sum up, if you are a collector on a budget, this edition is for you. Go for the Absolute edition if you have cash you can drop.
I have been a fan of Moore since V for Vendetta and Watchmen was at par (maybe even above the bar set by V) with his other works but the sheer scale of the narrative was way beyond what I can describe in words. What I loved about the series was how deeply the plot was driven not just by the characters but also by the setting itself which had been fully realized in Dave Gibbons' art. Every one of the central characters, superheros and antiheroes, are unlike your standard DC or Marvel cardboard cutouts, deeply flawed and therefore human. Watchmen is prose presented in the guise of a comic book which makes it better than either medium.
Along with all this, this is one of the greatest comics of all time, apart from arguably being one of the greatest books ever written.
Buy it without any hesitation if you are a fan of Watchmen. And even if you are not a fan buy this to read one of the greatest stories ever written!
the book is a hardcover, with excellent quality paper, and reads largely like a comic book infused with a few full pages of text.
it definitely makes for a great coffee table book.
at almost 1700rs. i did think it a little pricey, but the quality is great.
i think it would make for an excellent gift for that one friend we all have!
Top international reviews
I was impressed with quality of book when it arrived, as I had thought it rather expensive!
My son disappeared to his bedroom and thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, my other son has since read it and enjoyed it as much.
That’s why I like it