Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 78.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 80.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 65.00 Delivery charge
The Women Who Forgot to Invent Facebook and Other Stories Hardcover – 10 August 2020
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Bank Offer: Save 10% up to Rs.12,000 with HDFC Bank Credit/Debit Cards and EMI transactions. Here's how
- Cashback: 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Partner Offers (3): Buy 3, Get 8% extra off; Buy 4 or more, Get 10% extra off from this list Offered by Cloudtail India Here's how
- Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
‘Stylishly and intrepidly covering a range of human experience, these stories announce a bracing new sensibility in Indian writing in English.’ – Pankaj Mishra
‘Nisha Susan’s unusual anti-romantic stories break your expectations of form, narration and content. They are striking illustrations of millennial women, presented with a rawness, truthfulness and integrity that tells the reader, this is what it is, take us as we are.’ – K.R. Meera
‘Who says Indians aren’t funny? These stories are little firecrackers. Nisha Susan writes about love and loss and that shitty little thing called growing up and learning to make art out of life. Read ’em one at a time, your life will be a tiny bit better.’ – Mohammed Hanif
About the Author
Nisha Susan is a writer and editor. She grew up in India, Nigeria and Oman and lives in Bangalore. She is the co-founder of two award-winning media companies, The Ladies Finger and Grist Media. She currently writes Cheap Thrills, a column on millennials, time and obsessions for Mint Lounge. She was formerly Features Editor, Tehelka magazine and also commissioning editor for Yahoo! Originals, a longform destination for Yahoo! India. Her non-fiction is focused on culture, gender and politics. Her fiction has been published by n+1, Caravan, Penguin, Zubaan and others, and often explores the intimacy and strangeness that the internet has brought to India.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Hardcover : 232 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9389648246
- Item Weight : 304 g
- ISBN-13 : 978-9389648249
- Product Dimensions : 20.6 x 2.5 x 13.7 cm
- Publisher : Context (10 August 2020)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #4,095 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I’ve sent a copy of it to pretty much all my friends. Can’t wait
Apart from technology, the theme around which the stories are centered, the writing itself is very contemporary - in the word play that her characters converse in and yet, she does not restrict her characters and settings to one socio economic class or one generation. The female characters in every story in this book will find a way to your mind:there is something about each one of them that will leave you thinking.
This is the kind of book I would recommend to fellow readers so I could discuss more about them. There is much that the stories and the characters will leave you with and I have a tough time admitting which one is my favourite from this collection. Read this and you will be enthralled for sure.
The first story remains my favourite. I knew that young 20s life and it all came flooding back. I recommend this book to everyone no matter where they are on the map.