- Mass Market Paperback: 560 pages
- Publisher: Anchor; Expanded, Reissue, Revised edition (4 November 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 110187385X
- ISBN-13: 978-1101873854
- Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 2.9 x 17.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 6,984 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #28,148 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 94.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 70.00 Delivery charge
+ ₹ 80.00 Delivery charge
Word Power Made Easy: The Complete Handbook for Building a Superior Vocabulary Mass Market Paperback – 4 Nov 2014
School & Library Binding
|Mass Market Paperback, 4 Nov 2014||
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (2): Get 5% up to Rs. 1000 Instant Discount on Axis Bank Credit EMI transactions and 10% up to Rs. 1500 Instant discount on Axis Bank Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Norman Lewis was born in 1912 in Brooklyn, New York, and died in 2006 in Whittier, California. He was an author, grammarian, lexicographer, and etymologist, and a leading authority on English-language skills. In addition to Word Power Made Easy, his many bestselling books include 30 Days to Better English, 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary, and several revised editions of Roget's Thesaurus.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Review this product
6,984 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A must read book for all . (even you are student or not )
This book is very essential for laying down
a foundation stone for your vocabulary building.
I come from a hindi medium schooling but this book gave me confidence in vocabulary development.
This is the 4th time I've bought this book to gift to someone who is starter in english vocab building. The book is something more than enough for about 100 ₹. It gives best way to understand the words by linking it to its entomological origin and teaches us how to understand the meaning of a new word. It also helps in eliminating wrong options in mcq based exams. You can learn a lot of new words by simply going through exercise.
Religiously following this book daily would surely help you build your vocabulary.
Those who cram words from dictionary should at least try this approach of learning to remember words and I'm sure this way would be far better.
Delivered book on good condition.
Nice cover . But paper pages are not very good quality paper . Other wise amezing book
1. New words are divided into thematic chapters that make it easy to draw connections between the words.
2. He uses etymology as the scaffold to help build a knowledge of many related words simultaneously.
3. All words are reviewed multiple times in exercises throughout the book that use a variety of ways to measure recall and understanding.