- Paperback: 686 pages
- Publisher: Goyal Publisher; Reprint edition (2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8183071007
- ISBN-13: 978-8183071000
- Product Dimensions: 11.5 x 5.7 x 18 cm
- Average Customer Review: 6,917 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #5 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Word Power Made Easy Paperback – Print, 2011
School & Library Binding
|Paperback, Print, 2011||
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (2): 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Get 5% up to Rs. 1500 Instant Discount on ICICI Bank Credit EMI transactions and 10% up to Rs. 1500 Instant discount on ICICI Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
No words required to justify the awesomeness of this book. Best option available in the market. Trusted by millions.. Go for it without 2nd thoughts. --Roshan N May 9, 2014
f you want to learn English then this book is not for you , Go for English grammar book like J.C Nesfield . But if you are better in English then this book is for you , it's an ultimate choice to learn more words and increase one's vocabulary. It is very much helpful if you preparing for exams like C.A.T , M.A.T , X.A.T , G.A.T.E , etc For C.A.T you should have vocabulary of 5000 words if u want to crack it , seriously 686 pages is enough . For G.A.T.E - generally we get 15 marks out of 100 in aptitude and English section and this year 2012 General cut-off was 21 marks . So if you score 15 and at least 30 marks in technical section then you are eligible for IIT or any PSU organisation First chapter of the book will let u know about extend of knowledge you have in English language , unfortunately it very difficult for a guy like me to score 40 out of 60 which is depressing but hope it will rectified in future Don't keep this book in your bookshelf , READ IT SOLVE IT REVISE IT ATLEAST 1 CHAPTER per day --suraj mohapatra Apr 3, 2012
One of those books that you just need to get. Not only does this book teach you words, it also teaches you how to learn anything effectively. Its broken into a number of sessions and has periodic reviews. And it teaches you words using an interesting method in such a way that you ll remember them...years later. I would recommend this to anybody who uses the English Language --Anon Sep 11, 2011
About the Author
Born on 30 December, 1912 in Brooklyn, New York, Norman Lewis was an author and grammarian. He was also a lexicographer and etymologist. While he was a student in Columbia University in 1941, he wrote his first book Journeys Through Wordland. Apart from that, he has written many books, namely, 30 Days to Better English, Dictionary of Word Power, Speak Better, Write Better and Rapid Vocabulary Builder, among others.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Save more on book combosThis book is part of a collection. Unlock additional offers by shopping for the complete collection Shop now
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
6,917 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A must read book for all . (even you are student or not )
This book is very essential for laying down
a foundation stone for your vocabulary building.
I come from a hindi medium schooling but this book gave me confidence in vocabulary development.
This is the 4th time I've bought this book to gift to someone who is starter in english vocab building. The book is something more than enough for about 100 ₹. It gives best way to understand the words by linking it to its entomological origin and teaches us how to understand the meaning of a new word. It also helps in eliminating wrong options in mcq based exams. You can learn a lot of new words by simply going through exercise.
Religiously following this book daily would surely help you build your vocabulary.
Those who cram words from dictionary should at least try this approach of learning to remember words and I'm sure this way would be far better.
Delivered book on good condition.
Nice cover . But paper pages are not very good quality paper . Other wise amezing book
1. New words are divided into thematic chapters that make it easy to draw connections between the words.
2. He uses etymology as the scaffold to help build a knowledge of many related words simultaneously.
3. All words are reviewed multiple times in exercises throughout the book that use a variety of ways to measure recall and understanding.