Top critical review
Okayt Keyboard, if bought for more than 50% off. Do not recommend at full price.
Reviewed in India on 4 September 2018
1. Metal top and thick plastic base makes it very strong and minimum deck flex.
2. Raised keycaps and tactile membrane keys. IT'S NOT A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD.
3. Long braided cable with strong USB connector.
4. Decent rubber pads to stop slipping on the desk.
5. Windows lock and RGB light brightness control buttons.
6. Interchangeable WASD and Arrow Keys.
1. Input gets stuck sometimes even if the keys are not stuck. Happens about 4 times in 24 hours on average.
2. Sometimes input is not registered.
3. Keys are not equally tactile. Space bar takes a lot of effort.
4. Only 3 light colour combination, no effects. Forget about software synchronisation.
5. It's NOT TRULY BACKLIT, key labels are not visible by the light, only the key gaps are lit.
6. Packaging is bad.
1. Ergonomic and grippy design, easy to hold for medium and large hands.
2. Metal base allows smooth movement and weight to the mouse.
3. 6 buttons - Left/Right/Scroll/DPI/Forward/Backward
4. 4 DPI settings 1000/1600/2400/3200 through cycling.
5. Long braided cable with stroNg USB connector.
1. Sometimes input is not registered.
2. Metal base is not removable if you prefer light mouse.
3. Only RGB breathing effect, nothing else.
4. Forget about any other features at this price with RGB.
I bought this about a month ago and it's running good. The build quality is very strong, you can kill a person with the keyboard. The packaging is very bad, resulting in a lot of people getting damaged products.
Even though there's issues with inputs for both the mouse and keyboard, it never happened during my daily 4 hour gaming binge. However, I don't recommend this for intense FPS gaming as it can be difficult to hold the mouse for very fast movements for a long time.
The RGB is okay but the money could have been used for adding other features or making the existing ones better, or at least they could've made the key-labels visible by the light. I do not recommend buying this at Rs.1600 as there are other better alternatives available at that price or a little more, like the Cooler Master keyboard-mouse combo. Buy this if you get a sale where the price is closer to Rs.1000.
Edit: As of 02/02/2020, the '1' and 'Z' keys from the alpha-numeric set have stopped working. I have reduced the ratings as the problems mentioned above have increased and new problem has come up. The mouse works fine, but if clicked too hard, next click won't register. I DO NOT RECOMMEND buying at more than half the price, save more money and buy other better options.