Here's all that you need to know about the Amazon App Refer to App and Earn Program.
Important: Amazon has discontinued the Amazon.in App Referral Program in accordance with its terms and conditions. The program was discontinued on June 19th, 2017. As of that date, new referrals will no longer be tracked and bonus accrual payments will be stopped. You will be issued the standard bonus for any successful referrals made prior to June 19th, 2017. All links you have shared will redirect to the App Store to download the Amazon.in App. However, referrals will not be tracked or accumulate toward this bonus program.
1. What is the Amazon.in App Referral Program?
The Amazon.in App Referral Program lets you invite friends to use the Amazon.in app. For every friend you successfully refer to the Amazon.in app, you will receive a gift card worth Rs. 200, redeemable on the site.
2. What is the benefit?
If your friends accept the invite by using your unique referral code, sign up on the Amazon.in app and complete their first in-app purchase worth Rs. 300 (excluding shipping, handling or gift-wrapping fees) or more, we will send you a Gift Card worth Rs. 200* valid for purchases at Amazon.in. After the order ships, the Gift Card will take 30 days to appear in your account.
Additionally, we will also send your friends a Gift Card worth Rs. 100*, once they have completed their first purchase.
3. How can I refer Amazon.in app to my friends?
You can invite your friends to use the Amazon.in app through any of the native sharing options (such as SMS, Facebook, Whatsapp, Skype, Bluetooth etc.) that are available on your smartphone device or post your unique referral link that has your referral code.
4. Is there a limit on the number of email invites I can send?
Yes, you can send up to 1000 e-mail invites . However, you can only send a referral message to a contact only 5 times.
5. Can I invite anyone?
Yes, you can invite any of your friends or acquaintances. However, to ensure that users don't get spammed, please ensure that you only send invites to people you are acquainted with.
6. What is the validity of the referral link?
Your referral links are valid for a period of 60 days from the time you share them. As long as a member who has not used the Amazon.in app in the past 365 days signs up on the app through your link, and successfully completes his/her first in-app purchase, you will receive a referral bonus. After the order ships, the Gift Card will take 30 days to appear in your account.
7. How do I get the Gift Card?
You will receive a Gift Card issued via email within 30 days after the order has been shipped to the new Amazon.in member that you referred.
8. Are there any restrictions on using the Gift Card to shop at Amazon.in?
Gift Cards cannot be used to buy other gift cards or to pay shipping, handling, taxes or any other applicable transaction cost. For more information, please read the Amazon.in Gift Card Terms and Conditions.
9. Do Gift Cards have an expiry date?
Yes. All Gift Cards, including any unused Gift Card balances, expire one year from the date of issuance. You can find the expiry date on the Manage Your Gift Cards page
10. How do I check my Gift Card balance?
You can view your Gift Card balance and the associated details on the Manage Your Gift Cards page.
11. Why did I not get a Gift Card for an invite that was accepted?
To ensure the account security of our members, we cannot disclose or confirm any account information or order history from another member's account. However, if you aren't notified about your referral bonus within 30 days, it's likely that one or more of the following conditions weren't met:
12. I wish to create an account on Amazon.in via the referral link my friend has sent me. What do I need to do to accept the invite?The referral invite is sent via an e-mail/SMS/message which includes a link. Clicking on this link will redirect you to a page where you have the option of downloading/upgrading to the latest Amazon app and also claiming the code. You will need to complete your registration (if you are a first time user) and create an account or sign in on the app (for users having the app on their devices but not using it), go back to the invitation page and click the Claim Code button to check if the code has been accepted or not. If the code is accepted, you have to place an order for at least Rs 300 (excluding shipping, handling and gift-wrapping fees) to avail the benefit of the App Referral Program.
Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please select what best describes the information:
Thanks! While we're unable to respond directly to your feedback, we'll use this information to improve our online Help.