Top positive review
Value for money. Premium quality.
25 August 2018
So, I wanted to buy a stick for my Xiaomi Yi 4K action camera. The original one from Xiaomi was too costly and all the other ones had too many negative reviews for me to go ahead with them.
I came across this one from Amazon Basics and decided to go for it. I know it's a Monopod but it can be used as a stick with 2 adjustments.
a) The position where you'll be holding will change and you will not have the cushion grip if you use it a stick.
b) You need a ball head, otherwise you can't use this as a selfie stick/action camera stick.
(Alternatively, you can search on Youtube for a tutorial on how to convert this into a selfie stick. Involves some work, but is worth it)
1) Great build quality. Absolutely premium build quality. Feels really premium too.
2) The maximum height is more than enough for anybody. It becomes very hard to operate if anything goes beyond your eye level. I'm 6'1" and it's perfect for me.
3) Easily portable. The cover is really good.
4) The cushion grip is a delight
5) Way better than others in the market.
6) If you're using it as a monopod, you can either choose to have the bottom sharp or flat by just turning the knob.
1) Some people claim the screw to be a bit fragile. I haven't used this with my DSLR. If you're using it for your GoPro or Yi4k or any other action camera, and as long as you're not mishandling it, you're good to go.