Top positive review
Reviewed in India on 10 March 2019
"War Memorial" with life lessons !
What I liked about the book ?
1. War stories
2. Simple principles in every chapter
3. Easy read
4. Blunt style of Jocko
What i did not like ?
1. Too many military or technical terms (apart from those terms rest of the book is easy read)
2. Not exactly a self help book. It is especially made for people who like war tactics or war stories as every chapter starts with a story involving Jocko or Leif
- 90% of the chapter is covered with war stories and 5% with lesson learned from that story and 5% with application of that lesson to business.
3. Book becomes boring after reading two three chapters. So I skipped all the stories and read just the "lesson" and its business application. :D
Not exactly a self help book. It provides less principles. You will again more by listening to Jocko podcast. I was expecting something exceptional but book turns out to be just "good" not great. Give it a try, you will learn something different but not much.