Top positive review
The book is useful. I will recommend this book to everyone.
14 December 2015
1. Book is hard bound and received in good condition.
2. The book is useful for the beginner in Urdu
3. Word origin language is given which is very useful. for ex: Arabic, Farsi, Turki
4. Word related info is given which is very useful. for ex: Streeling, Pulling, Bahuvachan
5. I will recommend this book to everyone.
6. Don't be discourage by below given cons of the book. The book is useful.
1. Pages used are of average quality
2. Printing is also of average quality. Letters are uncomfortable to read at some places due to small and bold font. At some places letters are erased a little.
3. Devnagri alphabets used for urdu Alif (resembles Pra) is very uncommon and difficult to read. It is not explained why this uncommon letter is used and how it must be pronounced differently from the commonly used letter.
4. Devnagri alphabets used for Jha (resembles Bha) is very uncommon and difficult to read.
5. In place of Matra of Aa in Devnagri at the end of the words, colon (:) is used. They have used for pronunciation purpose but readability suffers.
6. 90% of words given in dictionary are very short words. Large words or phrases are rare.
7. Meanings of Urdu words are given in about 2 words. Not explained. No examples.
8. Meanings of Urdu words are given in pure hindi therefore difficult to follow at some places. I have to search online hindi dictionary for many words. for ex: meaning of Akas is given as Kripan hona. Some other words are explained as Aakhyayika, Nirast, Sarvopyogi etc.
9. Rather than Pure Hindi the author should have used Hindi, Urdu and English mix in the meanings of Urdu words to make is easy to understand.
10. Though the name Vyavaharik suggests that commonly used words are chosen but most of the words are unheard of.
11. There are 269 pages of dictionary. In every page about 37-45 words are given. That makes about 11000 words in the dictionary.
12. 80% of the words are unheard of and many sound similar.
13. About 4 words in every page are very common and already known.
14. I find about 4 words useful and to be known in every page. so I will find about 1100 words useful in whole book.
15. If the table of contents had been provided that would have been a huge advantage. It should tell from what page which letter words are printed.
16. Abbreviation Yo is used in some words but not explained.