Top positive review
Excellent for warm, humid areas as well!
20 October 2017
I use this for a 360ml and 1000ml soap dispensers in the bathroom. Before this I used another brand of double sided tape and in the warm, humid surrounding of the bathroom, the dispenser did not stay.
- I feel the instructions on the pack are inadequate. I looked up (multiple) YouTube and online tutorials for this and would suggest you do the same.
- Both surfaces should be cleaned with alcohol based solution and free of any muck. I used alcohol swabs that you can find in any medical store. Hand sanitizer will work just fine.
- Primer on both surfaces (in my case, the dispenser and the bathroom wall) and leave on for 5minutes. I didn't have a brush and just dipped my finger inside...and wasted a lot of it in the process.
- No air bubbles should be trapped underneath the tape and as you apply the tape, keep swiping hard in direction of tape to avoid the air.
- The pack says to use a roller once the tape is placed. I do not have a roller, so a normal lead pencil did just fine.
- Now stick where you need to stick it. Be very very careful that you know exactly where you want to stick the object as this is very strong and it will be impossible to move/adjust it even after a second.
- I let the soap dispenser stay empty for 72hours and then I filled it up.
It has been a month and all is well (will update if any problems). It doesn't move a miniscule bit even when you try to shake it up.
As for the complaints of primer drying away, very less etc etc...the primer is in a very well sealed vial and cannot evaporate. As for the quantity, you need a minute amount, a very thin layer of it. Like saffron or asafoetida in your food.
I feel the complaints of this being completely useless stem from wrong usage, incorrect application or sheer impatience. This really requires all of them!
Update: VERY HARD TO REMOVE. Tried to remove one of the soap dispensers and the plastic cabinet it is taped on started to come off the wall, but the tape won't give away! I have just let it be for now.