Top positive review
Reviewed in India on 16 November 2019
Wow! I didn't know what I was signing up for before starting this series and what a marvellous decision that turned out to be. The first book of the series was an average read for me, but this book totally took my breath away. Totally an upgrade of "The Cruel Prince".
1) Top-notch writing: The writing style of holly black is out of this world. Even though I don't like fairytale setting, I loved the sequel way beyond my expectations.
2) Jude + Cardan: They've totally become one of my all time favourite characters. I found myself thinking of their reunion when they were not together in the scene. I'm rooting for them.
3) Good Pacing: Unlike the first book in the series, this book totally improved in terms of pacing which won't let you get bored.
4) Got kinda vibe: It is full of twists and turns that will give you "Game of Thrones" kind of vibe. All these schemes and betrayals keep you fully engaged in the story.
5) Unimaginable Plot: You cannot guess what's coming your way, not in the slightest.
1) Scarce action scenes: Action scenes are not much in the series. So, beware action lovers... You've been warned!
2) I didn't find much to dislike, but everything to appreciate. I disliked "Locke", if that counts. 😅
I love it so much that it's impossible for me to fabricate into words. Trust me, if it's not in your TBR list then it's time for you to jump right into it. It deserves all the hype it's getting. Especially, the sequel. The first book laid the groundwork for the sequel and the sequel totally outdone its first part. I'm excited to find out what's gonna happen in the third book of the series.