Top positive review
A powerful motored, sharpened-bladed, ergonomically designed hair clipper worth in this price.
9 July 2019
As anybody would have gone through all the reviews before placing an order, I also did the same. After surveying the reviews I noticed that I should be sceptical of its higher weight & loud noise.
Later, I convinced myself about its higher weight on the below grounds -
● Since I knew that the product size is bigger & it works on an AC motor.
● This product is a hair clipper & not a trimmer (beard).
So I went ahead to place an order although much sceptical about its loud noise but thought of giving it a try.
I purchased this product on 20-June-2019 & it got delivered on 26-June-2019.
I would also like to mention that I already own a Phillips QT 4011/15 beard trimmer. It is a beard trimmer and I tried to trim the scalp hairs using this but my thick lengthy scalp hairs got stuck in its blade & it caused the blade to slow down or even stop.
Since I have received this hair clipper, let's talk about it-
► Things I liked:
● It is as heavy as expected and so the motor & its power (10W).
● It didn't make much noise against the perception of many other reviewers. In fact, my Phillips trimmer is louder than this (A video comparison with my Phillips trimmer is attached).
● The blade is stainless steel & trims sufficiently good.
● Cutting adjustment setting feature is user-friendly.
● There were 3 plastic attachment combs, blade oil, user manual, cleaning brush came out of the box.
● Yes, it is heavy. it weighs 468 gms (Photo attached). But you might want to consider the reasons lying behind, rather rejecting it directly only upon this basis.
● You need to oil it before & after each use. That is maintenance & hygiene. Every heavy machine requires some maintenance.
● It vibrates a lot but that is because of its heavy motor. We may rather call it a feature.
● In the product description, the product brand mentioned "FYC" but I received another brand "BBT". It doesn't concern me unless it works fine. Although, I see that the model name RF-666 is same for both the brands.
● One of the plastic attachments is a little distorted.
● The plastic attachment combs are not mentioned with length (like in millimetres). But it doesn't bother me since by looking at those we can easily guess how much length we need to use.
Overall, in this price range, a powerful motored, sharpened-bladed, ergonomically designed, sufficient adjustment precisions RF-666 hair clipper is worth buying.
Heavyweight against other features is a kind of trade-off wherein the features are worth the money can buy.
I hope my this review answers all of your queries. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.