Top positive review
A masterpiece & MUST read
Reviewed in India on 27 December 2020
A masterpiece & MUST read.
Netflix is a UNIQUE company with a unique business model & philosophy. It's obvious that its overpowering leader Reed Hastings runs & scales his business HIS way. Read this book to learn:
- How a business book should be written :) The co-author Erin Meyer adds so much value to the entire narrative.
- Insights on how 'no rules policies' (take vacations, spend company money etc) though so hard to swallow seems to work so well for Netflix. (I say ‘seems’ coz I still can't digest it).
- The real-life examples of staffing & empowering super-sized leaders is amazing. If entrepreneurs can set aside their egos & get 100's of 'better themselves', they will have a Netflix.
- The salary benchmarking & course correction insights are powerful & relevant.
- Lessons in transparency: "In 800 BC, Greek merchants whose businesses had failed were forced to sit in the marketplace with a basket over their heads."
- AMAZING lessons in Global business management challenges - dealing with the mannerisms & behaviour of countries.
- The "Keeper Test"! Simple yet profound!
- The AMAZING lesson that the self-regulating traffic around L’Etoile off the Arc de Triomphe teaches us!