Top critical review
Thing (s) you should know
Reviewed in India on 15 July 2020
I would like to point out things that are not mentioned in the above product listing, as well as a few of my experiences with the product:
- This camera is Made in China. I was hoping it would have been made in India since it's from Godrej. (I couldn't check this anywhere before buying)
- I had bought this for Rs. 2799/- on 29 June 2020 from Amazon. I don't know why it's listed at Rs. 3099/- now!
- Camera setup is tricky, yet, not difficult. If "Mobile phone scan qr code to add" option doesn't work, use "Manual input add" option and enter the UID and Password mentioned next to the QR code under the camera.
- Set the camera up and do all your trials with the camera before you install it on the wall or under the ceiling. (There's a "Video Flip" option that you have to use for under-the-ceiling use)
- Video clarity is good. Night vision delivers descent footage even in pitch dark environment.
- However, the smoothness of video playback depends on the internet speed of the WiFi network the camera is connected to, as well as the internet speed of the device you are playing the video on. This is a Wifi Camera! :)
(I believe only a standard wired CCTV camera would deliver a butter smooth footage)
- Motion Alert works well, and can be set up as a trigger for video recording.
- Motion Tracking, where the camera autonomously follows a moving object, is a treat for the eyes! But, be informed, keeping it always ON may come in way when you want to control the camera angle using the Eve NX app.
I had mixed feelings about the camera during the initial few days. Now that it's installed under the portico of my house to watch the entrance, and the camera working fine, I am satisfied.