Top critical review
New concept but same old love scenes dilemma.
Reviewed in India 🇮🇳 on 21 April 2021
Well the book is a mixed bundle for me. I would have given it 4 stars but I just hated the portrayal of love scenes and women in general. On one hand, I loved the concept behind the book but there were sections of the book which I disliked. The storyline is about how an idea of online panipuri selling takes a grave turn for Sagar and his friends. Througout the book, the dynamics keep changing and is a journey of its own. The book is also about the redemption story of his friends.
What I liked-
(1) The concept is fresh and one that intrigued me a lot. Indians love panipuris, so something related to that was sureshot to intrigue people. Well done!!
(2) The cover does a great job on giving a sneak peek into the book.
(3) The ending of the book is cool and satisfied me.
(4) The length of the book is just right.
What could have been better-
(1) Everthing about the women, except probably in the last section when Rathi is shown as a strong woman fighting for her Sagar.
I mean, what was that with the exchange of girlfriends without a proper explanation. Then, Yashu getting ready to do anything just for a vacation?
(2) I also did not like the way in which Veena's character was introduced and portrayed for most part.
(3) I strongly feel that most lovemaking scenes were present just for the sake of it and didn't serve any real purpose of the storyline.
So the storytelling is good but some elements of the same were a big letdown for me. Worth a read for the fresh concept and author's efforts.